Vice President of Finance - 18391
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0V9 CA
VP of Finance responsibilities:
- Provide counsel to the President and CEO on all aspects of business operations.
- Oversee all accounting & finance related activities including financial reporting, budgeting, cash flow planning, hedging and foreign exchange, cost control and complex financial analysis.
- Manage significant asset acquisitions & disposals with related financing considerations.
- Perform ongoing risk management including company contracts, insurance and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Review, finalize and present monthly financial results.
- Drive and lead the annual budget process, long term forecasting and updates to plan.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the Controller and all levels of finance.
- Work effectively and strategically with the other executive to ensure all direction, alternatives and decisions have been thoroughly reviewed from a financial perspective.
- Develop policy, procedures and internal controls and implement identified process improvements.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including shareholders, board of directors, external accountants and lawyers.
- Professional accounting designation with minimum of 7 years financial leadership in a managerial capacity.
- Demonstrated skill in complex financial reporting, forecasting and analysis in a manufacturing environment.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities in fast-paced environment.
- The ability to see and work effectively within the Big Picture.
- Exceptional knowledge of foreign exchange transactions in a multi-currency environment.
- Proven costing experience, logistics and supply chain analysis along with import/export transfer pricing experience.
- Strong experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Dynamics.
- A very competitive compensation package, opportunity to lead with significant career and financial growth.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.