Territory Sales Representative (Building Materials) - 18615
Burnaby, BC V5J 3J9 CA
Our client is a mid-sized privately owned B.C. based OEM with a long track record of success and strong market share across Canada. They are poised for continued growth and excited to add a strong outside sales professional to the BC Sales Team. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the BC Territory Sales Representative will drive Company profitability by promoting, maintaining, and growing product sales with new and existing clients in the company’s most important territory, where they are the market leader.
Please note this position requires travel, up to 7 nights per month.
Territory Sales Representative responsibilities:
- Drive sales with a direct in-person approach calling on variety of leading regional & national chains, building supply yards and roofing suppliers.
- Build trusting relationships with existing and new customer partners.
- New business development: Conduct cold calls, online searches, prequalify, and source quotation opportunities.
- Sales reporting: Provide regular communication with emphasis on customer calls including action & follow up plans.
- Provide product knowledge training to customers.
- Professionally represent Company at various trade shows and contractor events.
- Demonstrated track record of B2B sales success – Building materials and/or roofing experience considered an asset.
- Post secondary education – preferably in business or related discipline.
- Strong presence, communication/presentations skills, confidence, and exceptional ability to influence and build relationships.
- Competitive and entrepreneurial attitude. You are the sales leader at your present position.
- Effective territory and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outgoing personality and willingness to get in front of customers in person.
- Strong work ethic and desire for career success!
- The discussed salary range is up to $90,000 plus commission, based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefit program including health & dental.
- RRSP Matching program
- Car and cellphone allowance, and company laptop
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Corey is an exceptional recruitment professional with industry experience that includes agribusiness, retail, transportation and hospitality. He has worked directly with hiring managers and sales professionals and has first-hand knowledge of what makes a successful sales team ‘tick.’ With proven experience attracting top sales talent, he is skilled at headhunting and proactive recruiting strategies. Having started his career in hospitality, he is wired for customer service and deeply committed to ensuring he provides his clients with top-notch service and a highly consultative approach.
Leveraging his large network throughout Western Canada, Corey excels at finding the right people for the job. At every step of his career, candidates have quickly trusted him to represent them well. Drawing on his expertise and natural curiosity, he knows the right questions to ask, and how to ask them.
Born and raised in Manitoba, Corey has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Winnipeg, and relocated to Vancouver in 2018. Outside of work, he can often be found golfing, playing tennis, cooking, and spending time with his wife and daughter. Always up for adventure, he once cycled from Vancouver to Winnipeg in 28 days as a fundraiser for the Mood Disorders Society of Canada!