Technical Sales Representative (Rotating Equipment)
Vancouver, BC . CA | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE CA
Representing the world’s most premiere manufacturers, our client is a leading Canadian distributor of pumps, integrated system packages, and aftermarket parts serving the oil & gas, municipal, food processing, agricultural and general industrial markets. They are excited to add an outside sales professional to their team who will grow alongside this well-poised company in a thriving field. The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible promoting, maintaining, and developing their territory (Vancouver & BC) selling rotating equipment solutions to new and existing customers.
Technical Sales Representative responsibilities:
- Promote full category of products and repair services to key centers of influence.
- Pursues new client opportunities and maintain/build existing client relationships.
- Provides technical, effective sales presentations.
- Provide customer service for a range of related topics.
- Cultivate new relationships to understand customer’s equipment demands.
- Take part in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
- Collaborate with the product/engineering departments to create products that will increase sales and profitability.
The successful candidate has:
- Post-secondary education in a technical/mechanical field.
- EIT, P. Eng. or Engineering Technologist credentials considered an asset.
- Proven experience in a Technical/Industrial Sales role – preferably Outside Sales or Territory Management.
- Technical understanding of Rotating Equipment (Pumps). Candidates with sales experience in valves, power & transmission, motors, and chemicals may also be considered.
- Service oriented mindset with excellent relationship building skills.
Compensation and benefits:
- The discussed salary for this position is $75,000 plus commission structure. On target earnings are $100,000 in first year.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Company vehicle, laptop, and cell phone.
- RRSP matching.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Corey is an exceptional recruitment professional with industry experience that includes agribusiness, retail, transportation and hospitality. He has worked directly with hiring managers and sales professionals and has first-hand knowledge of what makes a successful sales team ‘tick.’ With proven experience attracting top sales talent, he is skilled at headhunting and proactive recruiting strategies. Having started his career in hospitality, he is wired for customer service and deeply committed to ensuring he provides his clients with top-notch service and a highly consultative approach.
Leveraging his large network throughout Western Canada, Corey excels at finding the right people for the job. At every step of his career, candidates have quickly trusted him to represent them well. Drawing on his expertise and natural curiosity, he knows the right questions to ask, and how to ask them.
Born and raised in Manitoba, Corey has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Winnipeg, and relocated to Vancouver in 2018. Outside of work, he can often be found golfing, playing tennis, cooking, and spending time with his wife and daughter. Always up for adventure, he once cycled from Vancouver to Winnipeg in 28 days as a fundraiser for the Mood Disorders Society of Canada!