Technical Business Development Manager - USA - 6762
New York, NY 10005
Are you a Technical Business Development professional looking for your next challenge? Do you have a background in capital equipment sales and proven technical capabilities? Are you a new business hunter with a strong record of accomplishment in cross-functional departments?
My client, a leader in harvesting equipment industry, is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team in New York. Reporting to the Director of Commercial Sales, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities while maintaining successful relationships with prospective and existing clients, as well as assisting executives with the development of business strategies and objectives. The ideal candidate for this role will be a hunter with natural leadership abilities and a strong technical background.
My client is committed to:
- Fostering a collaborative and motivational work environment
- Providing ongoing training and development opportunities for all employees
What the Business Development Manager does:
- Assists the sales team in providing additional customer value through a consultative sales approach
- Utilizes technical knowledge of engineering and innovative design capabilities to provide cutting edge solutions to clients and customers
- Identifies large commercial sales business opportunities to create long-term value
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with new and existing clients
- Assists cross-functionally in sales, marketing, customer success, engineering, and finance to ensure company goals and objectives are achieved
- Monitors market and competitor activities and provides feedback to leadership
What is expected of you:
- 10+ years of experience in a senior sales position; proven track record of cross-functional success
- 5 years of Technical Business Development experience within capital equipment sales
- Proven technical experience is a must; formal technical education is an asset (Mechanical Sales Engineers welcome)
- Experience delivering technical and financial presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- Ability to travel within the assigned region; > 50% minimum
What you can expect in return:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Only candidates already eligible to work in the United States will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Kathleen has over 12 years of experience in international recruiting. She also brings keen insight into her clients’ business needs from over 12 years of success in sales, both as a sales manager and active in the field. She approaches recruitment with creativity and integrity, and over 90% of her business comes from referrals. Clients return to her to fulfill their ongoing hiring needs and are confident recommending her to others. They know that time spent with Kathleen is a valuable investment that leads to optimal hiring decisions that positivity impacts their bottom line.
Kathleen brings an enthusiastic curiosity to every candidate interaction, ensuring she thoroughly understands the full picture of their career trajectory. Through her insightful conversations, she draws out a comprehensive list of each candidate's skills, and guides them to understand how those skills can translate to career success.
Kathleen has a Bachelor of Social Science in Economics and university-level education in Human Resources and Organizational Behaviour. A passionate volunteer, she gives her time to a variety of local initiatives and organizations in Vancouver, and she founded a Women in Sales organization that elevates women in the sales profession. She is a mother of three, and in her spare time can be found sailing, skiing, cycling or working in her garden.