Talent Acquisition Specialist - 18492
Coquitlam, BC V3K 3S3 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
Rise CPA Inc. has been serving the Lower Mainland of British Columbia since 1979 and are highly respected business partners, advisors, and role models in their industry. They go beyond the traditional role typically associated with other accounting firms. They pride themselves on a personal and professional approach to support and help their clients with their needs and goals. They are also planning for significant organizational growth over the next few years. In this newly designed role, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for establishing, developing, and implementing a strong recruitment and onboarding program that assists with the attraction and retention of Rise CPA employees as well as many exciting HR projects.
About Rise CPA Inc.
- Celebrates a culture of continuous professional development, leveraging individual strengths, transparency, teamwork and leading by example
- Has a ‘people-first’ and ‘team’ approach, ensuring all staff are supported, have work life balance and fun at work
- Is focused on building a positive and team-based culture, attracting driven and solution focused employees who are self starters and are strong communicators who enjoy their work
- Plays an integral role in the organization’s recruitment and staffing strategy
- Ensures compliance with Employment laws
- Builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintains candidate databases using Excel
- Full cycle recruitment, including headhunting and utilizing various methods to attract and build an ongoing pipeline of candidates
- Works with internal stakeholders and hiring managers, as well as coaches and guides interviewers
- Maintains strong communication throughout recruitment processes to ensure a smooth candidate experience as a main point of contact
- Assists with salary recommendations, references and job offers
- Attends job fairs and partners with local post-secondary institutions in maintaining a pipeline on new talent
- Takes the initiative to spearhead projects that establish a strong full cycle recruitment, onboarding and other HR needs
- 3+ years of full cycle recruitment experience with all levels of positions
- RPR designation is considered an asset
- Experience with accounting recruitment is considered an asset
- A degree, diploma or certificate in Human Resources or a related field
- Strong tech skills, including MS Office and Excel is a must
- Proven knowledge and application of employment laws and regulations
- Strong communication including active listening skills
- Experience with utilizing social media and other headhunting avenues for attracting talent is a must
- Strong ability to collaborate with all levels across multiple functions/departments
- Ability to build internal relationships with individuals at all levels, as well as external relationships with recruiters, vendors and local agencies and post-secondary institutions
- Strong organizational and planning skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of resumes and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, is a must
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Comprehensive benefits package, including generous annual mental health support
- 3 weeks holidays plus additional days off from Christmas to New Years
- Summer hours perk
- Flexible hours and hybrid model
- Monthly social events
Meet Your Recruiter
RPR, Senior Recruitment Consultant & Head of Training
HR & Senior Office Personnel
Specializing in Human Resources, Executive Assistant, and Senior Office Personnel placements across Canada, Patti has over 15 years of national and global recruitment experience. She brings a wealth of expertise in interviewing, placement and collaboration, giving her clients the benefit of impeccable matches. She was also a business owner and managed a sales team for nine years, so she brings practical insights that drive success for her clients.
Patti’s thoughtful questions probe deep into the needs of each client, allowing her to pinpoint the best talent for the role from her vast network of qualified candidates. She is equally enthusiastic with candidates. Knowing that what she does changes lives, she provides insightful advice. With a heartfelt commitment to helping others, she situates candidates in positions where they will succeed.
Patti has a degree and background in social work, where she honed keen communication and assessment skills. Passionate about cultivating long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates, she is an ongoing resource for those she partners with. She also acts as The Headhunters' Head of Training, lending her recruitment expertise to train and mentor new members of our team.
Patti is a wife and mother, and outside of the office enjoys camping, hiking, cycling and volunteering. She is also a part-time makeup artist and takes pride in helping woman look and feel their best!