Structural Engineer - Residential Projects - 18468
Vancouver, BC V5L 3X1 CA
We are looking for creative and enthusiastic Structural Engineers to play an important role during a critical stage of the business. Besides having the opportunity to provide structural design on high-profile projects, the ideal candidate will have a track record of understanding unique buildable design solutions. While delivering projects is an important part of the role, the real bonus lies with the opportunity to enhance personal responsibility on projects without a ceiling or someone ‘in the way’… For those truly driven and passionate about the industry, this could be the break they are looking for.
- Prepare detailed structural designs for building components and carry out design engineering calculations.
- Design of single family and multi-family residential structures.
- Produce preliminary structural sketches and prepare calculations and sketches for structural elements.
- Review and provide feedback on high-level concepts, calculations and structural specifications.
- Seal drawings and documents as required.
- Assist and provide input in preparing proposal submissions.
- Maintenance and development of business network opportunities
- Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of direct experience designing commercial, residential, and/or municipal buildings in Canada with experience in lateral design
- MUST be registered as a P.Eng or Struct. Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- Adept with a structural analysis software such as ETABS, Woodworks and/or SAFE, or similar.
- Proficient with Canadian Building Codes; Material Codes (Wood, Concrete, and Steel)
- Local design experience for residential structures with seismic design.
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Strong capacity to assess information and communicate decisions that support sound judgement and experienced analysis.
- Ability to work in a team environment, building strong, empowered relationships that support common goals and objectives
- Above average base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.