Senior Training and Development Manager - 18731
London, ON N5V 1S2 CA
We are currently searching for a Senior Training and Development Manager to join a leading global organization in the private aircraft manufacturing sector.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources with dotted line to the Quality Director, you will play a crucial role in shaping and enhancing the skills and knowledge of the employees, supporting their professional growth and contributing to the overall success of the organization. You will take charge of designing, implementing and evaluating comprehensive training programs that address the needs across various departments with a particular focus on manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate with department heads, subject matter experts, and key stakeholders to identify training needs and develop strategic training plans aligned with business goals and objectives. Create training materials, modules, and curricula that cater to different learning styles and levels of expertise in aerospace manufacturing.
- Organize and facilitate training sessions, workshops, and seminars for employees at all levels. Coordinate logistics, such as scheduling, venues, and resources required for effective training delivery. Utilize a variety of instructional techniques and technologies to maximize engagement and knowledge retention.
- Conduct regular evaluations of training programs to measure their effectiveness and impact on employee performance and organizational goals. Collect feedback from participants, analyze training metrics, and make recommendations for program enhancements or modifications as needed.
- Identify and engage external training providers, consultants, or experts to deliver specialized training programs that align with organizational needs. Manage relationships with external partners to ensure high-quality training delivery and value for investment.
- Monitor and track government staffing and training programs to leverage grants, funding and loans.
- Collaborate with department managers to develop tailored development plans. Implement development programs, mentoring initiatives, and strategies to build a pipeline of skilled professionals within the organization.
- Ensure training programs adhere to relevant industry standards, regulatory requirements (Transport Canada, Canadian Aviation Regulation and Standard, Industry Standard, and internal policies. Maintain accurate records of training activities, participant attendance, and outcomes for reporting purposes and audits.)
The successful candidate has:
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Human Resources, Aviation, Engineering, and Business Administration.
- 5 years of proven experience as a Training and Development professional or leader.
- Understanding and experience in manufacturing processes, technologies, and quality standards.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office along with the ability to learn other application software packages.
- Strong instructional design skills, with the ability to develop engaging training materials and curriculum.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms, learning management systems, and other training technologies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated team player with exemplary interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Experience with government funding and reimbursement initiatives is a plus.
Compensation and benefits:
- Excellent compensation and benefits package.
- The opportunity to develop the role and programs for a leading global manufacturing organization.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Senior HR, Finance, Executive Search
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in placing top talent in senior finance, human resources and executive search. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.