Senior Software Engineer - 18670
Vancouver, BC . CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
In the roles available, you will have wide and varied qualifications.
- Work in cross-functional Scrum teams to produce and release new applications, features, and enhancements to improve the user experience, applying the full understanding of software engineering discipline and industry best practices.
- Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions.
- Work closely with senior development team members on major architecture projects, design, and implementation.
- Ensure the quality of our applications by using various types of automated testing methods in a continuous integration environment.
- Resolve defects/bugs during pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
- Coordinate technical dependencies with other teams.
- Participate in code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning.
- Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Work with a sense of urgency; embrace mistakes, learn from them, and drive the team toward success.
- To shine in these roles, you will bring a rare combination of experience, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, software engineering or related discipline, or equivalent working experience.
- Development of distributed applications with Microsoft technologies: C, C++, C# .NET/Core, Python, SQL Server, Entity Framework.
- Deep expertise with microservices architectures and design patterns.
- Cloud Native AWS experience with services such as Lambda, SQS, RDS/Aurora, S3, Lex, and Polly.
- Mastery of both Windows and Linux environments and their use in the development and management of complex distributed systems architectures.
- Experienced using Git source code repository and continuous integration tools.
- Proficient with debugging and profiling distributed systems.
- Practiced UT and System Integration Test, with an Agile and test-driven development mindset.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located.
- Exposure to serverless development/deployment and containerization a definite plus
- Understanding of identity and access management principles (SAML, OAUTH, OPENID/OIDC, SSO, MFA)
- Academic or practical knowledge of corporate financial concepts (i.e., planning, budgeting, forecasting, or consolidation) is a nice to have
- The discussed salary range is $120,000 - $160,000, depending on experience.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development within the organization.
Meet Your Recruiter
Information Technology (IT)
A seasoned technical recruiter, Bonnie has over three decades of experience both as an IT professional and as a recruiter specialized at finding and hiring top IT talent. She has worked and recruited in cutting-edge fields including robotics, machine learning, automation and artificial intelligence, and her extensive network includes elusive ‘unicorn’ IT professionals with unique, hard-to-find skillsets. Bonnie’s exciting career highlights have included spearheading an AI solution for the sustainable energy industry, working for an AI defense company and collaborating on pioneering project with NASA.
Specializing in IT searches ranging from junior positions to C-suite, Bonnie offers an unparalleled understanding of the intricate skills, experiences and personalities essential for success in the field. She is not just a recruiter, but a technical aficionado deeply immersed in the IT landscape. Her up-to-date knowledge of diverse tech stacks makes her a reliable partner who speaks the language of the industry. She crafts tailored recruitment roadmaps for her clients, enabling them to build high-performing teams ready to tackle the technology-driven challenges of today.
Outside of work, Bonnie is an equestrian, motorsport enthusiast, skier and avid traveler. She loves to host dinner parties and spend time outdoors with family.