Senior Project Manager, Manufacturing - 18733
Winnipeg, MB x CA
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Project Manager to join our client, a leader in their industry, located just outside Winnipeg.
The Senior Project Manager will manage the lifecycle of the company's project portfolio, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to tactical activities.
Senior Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and mentorship to support the development and performance of project management team members.
- Ensure a Project Charter is developed for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Support project owner to conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Manage project activities and process throughout lifecycle, including ensuring the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums to solicit feedback, input, and establish expectations.
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program.
- Produce and deliver reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects.
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary.
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Manage project dependencies.
- Conduct project postmortems to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Minimum 5 years of direct work experience in project management as a Project Manager or Project Leader.
- Experience related to manufacturing implementations and technology projects within a customized environment.
- Project Management Professional designation is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook and project management software such as Wrike or Microsoft Project.
- Ability to assess corporate climate, trends, and other criteria to determine chances of project success.
- Intuitive grasp of organizational structure to manage cross-departmental and cross-disciplinary resource allocation.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Superb facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits:
- The discussed salary range is $95,000 - 100,000/yr. plus bonus
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered
- Positive team culture with room for career growth
Meet Your Recruiter
CPHR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain
Tracy is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) with over 20 years of experience in recruitment and human resources across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, construction, insurance and career management. She is well-networked in Manitoba, with specialized expertise in placing top Operations, Supply Chain and Engineering talent.
Tracy is recognized as having an innate ability to identify candidate abilities and personality and match them with client needs and culture. Known for her honesty and candor, she has a proven track record of building rewarding, long-term relationships. She believes ‘fit’ is key to a successful career, and that we should all find joy in what we choose to do in our working lives.
An energetic mom of two young adults, Tracy prides herself on being well-rounded, actively involved in community organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Winnipeg, Harvest Manitoba, and Christmas Cheer Board. She loves bike riding, walking and connecting with friends and family.