Senior Project Manager, Construction - 18496
Winnipeg, MB R2J 0S6 CA
We're looking for a SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, Construction with experience in leading a project management team on large scale projects.
Our client is a global leader in their industry, offering a strong leadership team, opportunities for career growth and learning, and competitive compensation and benefits.
Senior Project Manager responsibilities:
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all project management initiatives within the product line for MB and SK
- Responsible for the direction and management of multiple, large scale projects, while focusing on the safety, quality, cost and schedule of all projects.
- Reporting to this position is a team of Project Managers who will seek the leadership, expertise and mentorship as they coordinate and execute their own projects.
- The Manager will work closely with the client to gain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the project including, the initial planning, site selection and analysis, design, procurement, construction and the physical move.
- Works closely with Sales Representatives, Estimators, Engineering and Drafting team
- Ensure strict compliance with all health and safety rules and country regulations
- Effectively manages and mentors project management staff
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates, tenders and proposals used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling work and determining cost effectiveness
- Ensures client satisfaction has been achieved by clearing defining initial expectations and then executing upon them
- Develops and maintains long-term relationships with clients
- Compiles all data pertaining to the project and review data to determine material and labour requirements; prepare itemized lists for proposed and/or approved projects
- Maintains a detailed log during the course of each project
- Reviews the project estimate, bid drawings, specifications to ensure the contract is accurate to what has been quoted
- Arranges a project pre-job meeting with estimating, production, engineering and erection (if required)
- Reviews project schedule against the main plant schedule to see if project can be scheduled in the time frame the client is looking for
- Reviews contract to ensure we are only doing work that was quoted
- Submits and obtains sample approvals
- Coordinates internal and external engineering and detailing resources
- Provides install sequence to production and erection
- Throughout project execution, attends job progress meetings to ensure compliance to contract specifications submitted scheduling and quality standards
- Manages project specific work plans, inspection and testing plans, meeting minutes, progress reports, manuals
- Identify all extras or credits and provide estimating with the details to generate cost
- Manage invoicing and collections for all aspects of project
- Provides project status reports to General Management
- Manages client expectations and oversees dispute resolution as needed
- Stays current with municipal and industrial job market
- Technical degree in engineering or construction management (Structural or Civil preferred); C.E.T. or PMP
- 8-10 years related experience and/or training in project management and/or estimating.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to lead a small team of employees
- Ability to effectively present information in writing, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans and specifications, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- A proven track record of building strong relationships with staff and clients
- Experience with software applications such as SAP or JD Edwards
Compensation and benefits:
- The discussed salary range is $90-120,000/yr. depending on experience
- Vehicle allowance
- Bonus program 20%
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Pension Plan
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada, and located in Winnipeg, Manitoba will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPHR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain
Tracy is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) with over 20 years of experience in recruitment and human resources across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, construction, insurance and career management. She is well-networked in Manitoba, with specialized expertise in placing top Operations, Engineering and Supply Chain talent.
Tracy is recognized as having an innate ability to identify candidate abilities and personality and match them with client needs and culture. Known for her honesty and candor, she has a proven track record of building rewarding, long-term relationships. She believes ‘fit’ is key to a successful career, and that we should all find joy in what we choose to do in our working lives.
An energetic mom of two young adults, Tracy prides herself on being well-rounded, actively involved in community organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Winnipeg, Harvest Manitoba, and Christmas Cheer Board. She loves bike riding, walking and connecting with friends and family.