Senior Financial Analyst - 18458
Acheson, AB T7X 6H8 CA
Our Edmonton, Alberta based client is looking for a seasoned Financial Analyst to lead and develop key finance models and analyses to support the company’s financial planning function. This person will also support investor relations activities, along with annual budgeting and monthly forecasting.
Senior Financial Analyst responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead company’s consolidated budgeting and forecasting process
- Develop financial models and special budget reports for the company’s executive, board, bank, and credit agreement needs
- Lead the simplification and automation of the company’s financial planning process
- Align with operations to provide real-time forecasting updates
- Prepare monthly forecast reporting packages. Highlight business performance vs plan and provide commentary
- Monitor industry reporting trends, develop graphs to help tell the story
- Assist with capital expenditure approval process, including the review of financial costs and returns
- Develop capital budgeting templates and review opportunities. Calculate EBITDA, NPV, IRR payback and other key metrics
- Review business cases and provide recommendations
- Lead the development of new reports as required in the Company’s reporting system
- Support the project accounting and analyst group as needed
- Overseeing the development and publication of all investor relations documents
- Analyze company financials and prepare key conclusions to be communicated to investors
- Monitor feedback from the financial community and development of key messages to be communicated to investors
- Plan and execute investor relations events
- Research and monitor investor relations trends and best practices.
- Monitor and analyze trading statistics, ownership, analyst reports, peer comparisons and investor perceptions; prepare IR reports for management and the Board of Directors
- Minimum of five years’ experience in strategic, business, accounting or financial planning and analysis roles
- Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling and/or business valuation
- Mining or construction industry background preferred
- Public company experience an asset
- Experience quantifying and reporting business performance
- Extensive experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Salary range from $80,000 - $100,000
- Great health benefits
Meet Your Recruiter
RPR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Accounting, Finance & Supply Chain
Drawing on an extensive background in accounting, operations and recruitment in both industrial and professional environments, Linh is perceptively in tune with her clients’ needs. She has an intuitive understanding of the personalities best suited for different businesses and adapts her recruiting searches accordingly. Because she has operated her own company before, she is aware of the challenges her clients face, including the technical ones. Earlier in her career, Linh acted in both managerial and operational roles, improving processes, developing procedures, and implementing organizational changes. Her practical experience means she knows first-hand the candidate profile her clients need in order to achieve their objectives.
Linh is enthusiastic about assisting candidates to cultivate and advance their careers. She takes the time to listen to what they want, and then directs them to settings where they will thrive. She truly cares and it shows; candidates recognize that she is passionate about helping them accomplish their goals. Linh enjoys studying aspects of human behavior, an endeavour which enhances her ability to empathize with both clients and candidates.
Linh is married and has three beautiful children. She enjoys fishing and camping with her family.