Senior Estimator - 18471
Edmonton, AB . CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
This role has overall responsibility for estimating industrial construction projects. There is good flexibility and a real upside in terms of career growth. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges, this is the opportunity for you!
Senior Estimator responsibilities:
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build, or general tender work.
- Prepare materials, labour, and equipment cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, estimates, specifications, and scope of work.
- Prepare time, cost, and labour estimates for projects.
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy, prior to formal quotation.
- Analysis of drawings, specifications, material takeoffs, and detailed scope of work for tendering.
- Generate bidders list and initiate tendering process.
- Advise on proposal procedures to follow, study, and analyze proposals received, recommend/reject proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation, and contingency.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Maintain computer databases (cost comparisons, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Determine least cost/best value vendors, suppliers, and materials.
- Oversee the review of new products or suppliers for improved quality and cost effectiveness.
- 3-5 years of estimating of industrial construction jobs.
- Comfortable working with the crews in the field, estimating jobs, presenting to clients, and generally doing what ever it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of construction processes
- The discussed salary range is $110,000 – $140,000, depending on experience
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considere
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Hybrid working arrangement, including time in the field
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Executive Search
Cam is passionate about developing world-class teams. That is what he has done as Managing Director and Co-Founder at The Headhunters, and that is what he helps others to do. Cam's clients—a range of Fortune 500 through to owner-managed companies—know him as a strong leader, someone with an extensive network of top talent who delivers on his promises.
Throughout his far-reaching career, Cam has managed manufacturing teams in North America, retail crews, government teams with an international scope, and professional services organizations in Western Canada. Because he understands that great enterprises are made up of people who strive to reach their own full potential every day, his mission is to inspire people to achieve excellence. As an expression of that commitment, Cam sits on the board for the ThresholdImpact Venture Mentoring Service at the University of Alberta and actively mentors entrepreneurs inspired by those who came before him.
Cam is active in the entrepreneurial community throughout Western Canada and has been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Vancouver. He is passionate about giving back, and in-line with this value he co-founded ClubNeed, an organization focused on creating unique adventure travel experiences while giving back to communities in Central America. Cam is the proud father of three, and is an active cyclist, runner and skier. He has completed a number of marathons, Gran Fondos and triathlons, including Ironman Florida.