Senior Environmental Consultant - 18767
Whitby, ON L1N 0G5 CA | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE CA
Our client, a leading player in the environmental consulting space, is seeking a talented Senior Environmental Consultant to join their team in Ontario. Embrace a flexible work environment and contribute to a variety of projects from the comfort of your own home.
As part of their team, you will contribute to diverse projects across various industries, enjoy a flexible 37.5-hour work week, the option to work from home or the office, and minimal travel. Benefit from a stable environment with an extensive pipeline of reputable projects for 2024 and beyond. Elevate your career while managing your lifestyle.
As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will play a key role in the planning, management, and execution of contaminated site projects. Your responsibilities will include project management, technical direction, mentoring junior staff, and actively participating in business development and marketing activities. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects while enjoying the benefits of a flexible work arrangement.
- Conduct contaminated site investigations, including Phase I/One and Phase II/Two Environmental Site Assessments, Remediation, and Risk Assessments.
- Manage multiple projects through all phases, from work plan development to final report production.
- Advise and liaise with clients on technical issues related to contaminated site investigation.
- Actively participate in business development, including proposal writing and networking events.
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to junior staff.
- Conduct technical reviews of junior staff work projects.
- Contribute to the development of internal protocols and procedures.
- 8+ years of environmental consulting experience.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering (chemical, geological, geotechnical, environmental), Geology, Soil Science, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
- Registered for a professional designation (P.Eng. or P.Geo.).
- Strong knowledge of Ontario and Canadian environmental regulations.
- Experience in contaminated site investigation and project management.
- Proven ability to develop and administer project budgets.
- Excellent communication and client service skills.
- Valid Driver’s license and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Salary range: $120,000 - $165,000, depending on experience.
- 4 weeks of vacation and paid sick time.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible work arrangements, including the option for remote/hybrid work.
- Additional perks, including profit-sharing, allowances, and professional development opportunities.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.