Senior Electrical Heat Trace Engineer - 18473
Waterloo, ON N2H 6R4 CA
Our client is a growing leader in the oil, gas, chemical, and mining space – who have developed a proprietary software solution to visualize and leverage electrical heat trace data. Joining our client as a Senior Electrical Heat Trace (EHT) Engineer will provide an opportunity for a driven engineer to participate in a breakthrough program, with clear opportunities for career growth.
Senior Electrical Heat Trace (EHT) Engineer responsibilities:
- Execute engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Electrical Heating system design for piping, instruments and equipment using Thermon and/or nVent heat tracing design program
- Understand and implement the zoning EHT circuits with appropriate power and control methodology
- Ensure EHT Isometric designs are in line with the piping, P&ID, area classification & LDT information and being consistent with the project code requirements
- Ensure power connection, RTD location, cable type and length, trace ratio, sheath temperature, heat loss and appropriate safety factor is applied for the EHT designs
- Ensuring that the EHT design and tracking are kept up-to-date in EHT Group’s Internal Database
- Designing panel schedules, cable schedules, wiring diagrams, Controller set-up sheets and other EHT deliverables
- Provide insights on technical matters, perform checks, thorough review and Professional certification of EHT deliverables on EHT documentation
- Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Active APEGA P.Eng membership – or ability to register with APEGA if registered in other jurisdiction
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience in Electrical Heat Tracing
- Willing and able to travel into Canada and US
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Executive Search
Cam is passionate about developing world-class teams. That is what he has done as Managing Director and Co-Founder at The Headhunters, and that is what he helps others to do. Cam's clients—a range of Fortune 500 through to owner-managed companies—know him as a strong leader, someone with an extensive network of top talent who delivers on his promises.
Throughout his far-reaching career, Cam has managed manufacturing teams in North America, retail crews, government teams with an international scope, and professional services organizations in Western Canada. Because he understands that great enterprises are made up of people who strive to reach their own full potential every day, his mission is to inspire people to achieve excellence. As an expression of that commitment, Cam sits on the board for the ThresholdImpact Venture Mentoring Service at the University of Alberta and actively mentors entrepreneurs inspired by those who came before him.
Cam is active in the entrepreneurial community throughout Western Canada and has been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Vancouver. He is passionate about giving back, and in-line with this value he co-founded ClubNeed, an organization focused on creating unique adventure travel experiences while giving back to communities in Central America. Cam is the proud father of three, and is an active cyclist, runner and skier. He has completed a number of marathons, Gran Fondos and triathlons, including Ironman Florida.