Senior Data Scientist - 18671
Vancouver, BC . CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
We are on the search for an experienced and hands-on Senior Data Scientists for up coming opportunities. Are you someone who has the analytical and technical skills to take ownership of business-critical data science projects for the entire lifecycle, from data exploration, modeling and analysis to model selection, validation, evaluation, and deployment?
If so, picture yourself in a team of smart, humorous, quick-witted, and dedicated coworkers, all passionate about turning large sets of data into powerful insights that improve patient outcomes. You’ll be responsible for planning, building data products for internal consumption, near real-time business intelligence tools, and predictive models. But this role is not just about crunching numbers, we need you to organize complex data in a way that tells a compelling story and drives critical decision-making for stakeholders across and outside of the business. So, if you’re looking to be a part of cutting-edge team, we may have the right opportunities available for you.
- Leverage massive and ever-growing dataset to design and build data products that provide actionable business insights.
- Use NLP techniques to parse, process, and structure textual data.
- Develop methods to efficiently classify and characterize populations.
- Optimize targeted engagement strategies through modeling, forecasting, and evaluation.
- Navigate and use diverse machine learning stacks in Python and R.
- Quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- Take ownership of data products and ensure they are properly tracked throughout their lifecycle.
- Participate in strategic project planning and reporting to executive leadership; build customized dashboards for internal and external stakeholders.
- Write clean, well-tested, code that will stand the test of time.
- Be an expert communicator: you could summarize your daily progress in a tweet.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computational Linguistics, Physics, or related is required.
- 5+ years of experience in an operational Data Science role
- Experience with academic or scientific research within the healthcare or clinical space is required.
- Experience using NLP toolsets, such as Spark NLP, NLTK or spaCy
- Excellent SQL and Python skills and experience using Apache Spark (pyspark)?for large data sets.
- Experience in using statistical principles to inform decision making (experimental design, significance tests, a/b testing)
- Experience in collaborating with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to propose, test, validate, evaluate, and deploy Machine Learning models.
- Experience using AWS services including S3, EMR, Glue, SageMaker, Redshift, and Athena?or comparable services from other cloud providers.
- Experience in one or more of the following: knowledge graphs, vector similarity search, large language models.
- The discussed salary range is $140,000 - $180,000, depending on experience.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development within the organization.
Meet Your Recruiter
Information Technology (IT)
A seasoned technical recruiter, Bonnie has over three decades of experience both as an IT professional and as a recruiter specialized at finding and hiring top IT talent. She has worked and recruited in cutting-edge fields including robotics, machine learning, automation and artificial intelligence, and her extensive network includes elusive ‘unicorn’ IT professionals with unique, hard-to-find skillsets. Bonnie’s exciting career highlights have included spearheading an AI solution for the sustainable energy industry, working for an AI defense company and collaborating on pioneering project with NASA.
Specializing in IT searches ranging from junior positions to C-suite, Bonnie offers an unparalleled understanding of the intricate skills, experiences and personalities essential for success in the field. She is not just a recruiter, but a technical aficionado deeply immersed in the IT landscape. Her up-to-date knowledge of diverse tech stacks makes her a reliable partner who speaks the language of the industry. She crafts tailored recruitment roadmaps for her clients, enabling them to build high-performing teams ready to tackle the technology-driven challenges of today.
Outside of work, Bonnie is an equestrian, motorsport enthusiast, skier and avid traveler. She loves to host dinner parties and spend time outdoors with family.