Senior Administrative Assistant - 18501
Edmonton, AB T6G 2C8 CA
We’re looking for a full-in-office Senior Administrative Assistant for our client, The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation.
The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation is a non-profit organization that funds specialized care at the Stollery Children’s Hospital and beyond. By investing in the best programs, specialized equipment, training, and cutting-edge research, the Foundation ensures that the Stollery remains a world-class hospital and that kids have the best chance to live long and healthy lives. This role enables the Foundation to advance its strategic goals through calendar coordination, managing strategic priorities, connecting with stakeholders, anticipating needs, and providing team support. This role offers the opportunity to be a part of a growing organization that truly changes lives.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing specialized administrative support to the Foundation’s executive team, including the President & CEO and the Senior Executive Assistant and Board Relations Officer.
About The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation:
- Officially founded in 2001, the same year the new Stollery Children’s Hospital opened thanks largely to a generous donation from Bob and Shirley Stollery. SCHF raises funds to support the Hospital, which receives more than 300,000 visits annually.
- The Stollery takes pride and honor in raising money to advance specialized children’s physical and mental health care, thanking donors by sharing the impact of their gifts, educating communities about the Hospital and children’s physical and mental health needs, and advocating for children’s health.
- SCHF’s values – accountability, energy, respect, inclusiveness, altruism, and leadership- were pivotal when the Foundation was created and shared with its employees.
Senior Administrative Assistant responsibilities:
Dual reporting to the Senior Executive Assistant and CEO:
- Provides in-office support to the executive team and other groups as needed
- Complex calendar management and projects as assigned
- Processes confidential information and builds relationships with stakeholders, including; donors, patients, the board of trustees, hospital partners, volunteers, and the internal Foundation team.
- Database and file management support through SharePoint and Raiser’s Edge (customer relationship management system)
- Administration of invoices, expense reporting, and mileage reporting for the executive teams
- Board of Trustees support with meeting minutes, calendar management, arranging meeting needs such as catering, parking room booking, and audio-visual requirements
- Coordinate and document the Board of Trustee engagement programs.
- Must be full-time in the office
The successful candidate has:
- 3+ years of solid administrative and project management experience
- A post-secondary education in business or equivalent is an asset
- Strong proficiency in using MS Office Suite, AdobeAcrobat Pro.
- Experience with a CRM is an asset, specifically Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills; positive, approachable, tactful, and politically sensitive
- Professional acumen, able to anticipate needs and able to be self directed with a servant leadership attitude.
- High attention to detail with high standards of literacy
- Experience with committees, agendas, meeting minutes, and follow up
- Ability to work independently in collaboration with the CEO, Senior Executive Assistant & Board Relations Officer, and any other internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work full-time in the office
Compensation and benefits:
- The discussed salary range is $55,000 – $62,000 depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package and a flex health spending plan
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with employer contributions
- 3 weeks' holidays and generous time off
- Access to workout facility and pool
- Parking reimbursement or bus pass
- Cell phone allowance
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
RPR, Senior Recruitment Consultant & Head of Training
HR & Senior Office Personnel
Specializing in Human Resources, Executive Assistant, and Senior Office Personnel placements across Canada, Patti has over 15 years of national and global recruitment experience. She brings a wealth of expertise in interviewing, placement and collaboration, giving her clients the benefit of impeccable matches. She was also a business owner and managed a sales team for nine years, so she brings practical insights that drive success for her clients.
Patti’s thoughtful questions probe deep into the needs of each client, allowing her to pinpoint the best talent for the role from her vast network of qualified candidates. She is equally enthusiastic with candidates. Knowing that what she does changes lives, she provides insightful advice. With a heartfelt commitment to helping others, she situates candidates in positions where they will succeed.
Patti has a degree and background in social work, where she honed keen communication and assessment skills. Passionate about cultivating long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates, she is an ongoing resource for those she partners with. She also acts as The Headhunters' Head of Training, lending her recruitment expertise to train and mentor new members of our team.
Patti is a wife and mother, and outside of the office enjoys camping, hiking, cycling and volunteering. She is also a part-time makeup artist and takes pride in helping woman look and feel their best!