Senior Accountant - 18708
Edmonton, AB T6E 5H1 CA
Our client, a very reputable non-profit company, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team in Edmonton, Alberta. They are committed to a values-driven company culture with a highly motivated team and friendly, helpful work environment.
What the Senior Accountant does:
- Full cycle accounting; including but not limited to month end preparation, journal entries, reconciliations, helping prepare month end financial statements and supporting forecasting and budgeting
- Tenant improvement and capital budgeting
- Compliance for government grants and supporting grant processes
- Provide empowering support to accounting team and encourage teamwork
- Data analytics and reporting
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Working towards or completed CPA
- Strong communication skills, especially for presenting to non-technical audience
- Advanced technical skills
- Knowledgeable with writing grants
- Not-for-profit experience is an asset
- $65,000-$75,000 salary
- Excellent benefits
- RRSP matching
- Hybrid work environment and a flexible schedule
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Accounting & Finance
As President, Georgia applies her exceptional leadership skills to drive success and growth for The Headhunters. She ensures our team delivers high-touch, consultative service to our clients, and fosters an environment of support and respect for candidates. Astute and forward-thinking, Georgia makes strategic decisions to ensure the organization stays cutting-edge in the ever-changing recruitment landscape. Known for her authentic leadership style, she upholds the values on which The Headhunters was founded.
Georgia first joined The Headhunters in 2012, and over the past decade has had tremendous success placing administrative, accounting and senior finance professionals. In 2017 she was promoted to Branch Manager in Vancouver, and in 2020 became Director of Recruitment. As Director, she managed the recruitment and sourcing teams across Canada, navigating many organizational changes and challenges, including the COVID-19 global pandemic.
In addition to leading the team, Georgia continues to run an active recruitment desk, specializing in the placement of senior accounting and finance professionals. She is a strong relationship builder and thrives on creating win-win outcomes for clients and candidates.
Georgia is passionate about people, both at work and at home, and strives to be a community leader and a good example. She is, with her husband, raising two exceptional daughters and they are making the world a better place.