Senior Accountant - 18369
Edmonton, AB T5S 1K9 CA
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join a reputable Canadian Company and their team of service professionals.
Our client is a highly-respected, family-owned establishment committed to supporting its customers and employees through all circumstances.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting financial accountability and managing communication between management and the operational team to ensure that all financial reporting is accurate, punctual, and finalized.
Senior Accountant responsibilities:
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations
- Develop and finalize journal entries, organize account reconciliations associated with the operations
- Support with monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information
- Ensure systems, procedures, and policies are compliant with the company’s regulations
- Aid in regulatory audits and annual audit processes
- Support with procedure development and documentation for financial activities
- Other duties as needed
The successful candidate has:
- 3+ years of accounting experience related to financial accounting or financial analysis required
- Degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- Strong organization, prioritization, and written and verbal communication skills are an asset
Compensation and benefits
- The discussed salary range is $75,000– $85,000, depending on experience
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for growth within the role
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
RPR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Accounting, Finance & Supply Chain
Drawing on an extensive background in accounting, operations and recruitment in both industrial and professional environments, Linh is perceptively in tune with her clients’ needs. She has an intuitive understanding of the personalities best suited for different businesses and adapts her recruiting searches accordingly. Because she has operated her own company before, she is aware of the challenges her clients face, including the technical ones. Earlier in her career, Linh acted in both managerial and operational roles, improving processes, developing procedures, and implementing organizational changes. Her practical experience means she knows first-hand the candidate profile her clients need in order to achieve their objectives.
Linh is enthusiastic about assisting candidates to cultivate and advance their careers. She takes the time to listen to what they want, and then directs them to settings where they will thrive. She truly cares and it shows; candidates recognize that she is passionate about helping them accomplish their goals. Linh enjoys studying aspects of human behavior, an endeavour which enhances her ability to empathize with both clients and candidates.
Linh is married and has three beautiful children. She enjoys fishing and camping with her family.