Senior Accountant- (3 month Contract) - 18656
Sherwood Park, AB T8B 1N2 CA
Our client provides quality education and fosters an environment of continuous improvement. With a strong commitment to the development of both students and staff, they strive to create a dynamic and inclusive workplace. The Senior Accountant will play a crucial role in supporting the financial and budgetary operations within the institution.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Review and approve journal entries.
- Supervise and guide junior accountants.
- Prepare ad-hoc and recurring complex journal entries.
- Conduct P-card audits and manage transaction uploads.
- Handle GST self-assessment and daily banking operations.
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare trust account reconciliations.
- Approve Accounts Receivable transactions.
- Prepare financial reconciliations and schedules.
- Provide support for financial processes and procedures.
- Assist with internal audits and process documentation.
- Identify and recommend training opportunities.
- Support Schools and Departments during budget processes.
- Analyze changes in provincial funding methodologies.
- Develop salary standard cost analysis.
- Assist in budget development and reporting.
- Maintain budgeting and fee management systems.
- Provide user training and support.
- Collaborate with systems analysts.
- Assist with system projects.
- Approve Purchase Orders and ensure compliance.
- Manage payroll file transmissions and reconciliations for various entities.
- 2-year Accounting Diploma or is nearing the completion of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business, or Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience, preferably in the public sector.
- Previous school board experience is an asset.
- Previous experience in mentoring other staff and leading team projects is an asset.
- Expertise in utilizing Excel, including VLOOKUP, PIVOT Tables, and Advanced Formulae.
- Competitive Salary depending on experience.
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive educational environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Executive Search & Operations
Cam is passionate about developing world-class teams. That is what he has done as Managing Director and Co-Founder at The Headhunters, and that is what he helps others to do. Cam's clients—a range of Fortune 500 through to owner-managed companies—know him as a strong leader, someone with an extensive network of top talent who delivers on his promises.
Throughout his far-reaching career, Cam has managed manufacturing teams in North America, retail crews, government teams with an international scope, and professional services organizations in Western Canada. Because he understands that great enterprises are made up of people who strive to reach their own full potential every day, his mission is to inspire people to achieve excellence. As an expression of that commitment, Cam sits on the board for the ThresholdImpact Venture Mentoring Service at the University of Alberta and actively mentors entrepreneurs inspired by those who came before him.
Cam is active in the entrepreneurial community throughout Western Canada and has been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Vancouver. He is passionate about giving back, and in-line with this value he co-founded ClubNeed, an organization focused on creating unique adventure travel experiences while giving back to communities in Central America. He also volunteers with the Northern Alberta YMCA. Cam is the proud father of three, and is an active cyclist, runner and skier. He has completed a number of marathons, Gran Fondos and triathlons, including Ironman Florida.