Senior Accountant (16 month term) - 18643
Burnaby, BC V5H 4N2 CA
Senior Accountant responsibilities:
- Complete month end reporting package
- Contribute to annual external audit
- prepare and file government reports and tax filing such as GST, PST, EHT
- Manage internal control procedures
- Analyze foreign exchange position/exposure of the departments and the Company in order to determine the foreign currency position
- Monitors, initiates, and documents foreign exchange risk and bookings for hedging
- Monitors and updates LC settlement activities
- Completes the monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Monitors AR and Inventory aging
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience with SAP
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public practice and tax experience is an asset.
- Salary range: $80,000 – $95,000 annual salary
- Extended benefits plan
Meet Your Recruiter
Kate is passionate about people, which has been a driving force in her career. With six years of experience in people management and eight years coaching and developing teams, she is known for her empathy and ability to connect. From her diverse and well-rounded experience, she brings expertise in recruitment, training, revenue planning, customer relations, sales forecasting, event management, account management and business growth strategy. Clients appreciate her ability to provide consultative advice above-and-beyond simply hiring.
Customer service has always been a top priority for Kate, and as a Recruitment Consultant this is evident in her relationships with clients and candidates. She emphasizes that a job is never “just a job” and understands the integral role that each employee plays in her clients’ organizations, as well as the role that a job plays in an employee’s overall professional trajectory. She coaches candidates to develop a long-term vision for their career.
Kate was born and raised in South Africa, where she completed a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Postgraduate Degree in Education, and started her career. She has since relocated to Vancouver, and has first-hand experience navigating the challenges of immigrating and building a career in a new country. She loves nature and the outdoors and is enthusiastic about health, wellness and fitness.