Senior 3D Animator Artist - 18673
Vancouver, BC . CA | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE CA
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Art Manager to reach visual bars, authentic realism and assist in developing the asset production pipeline for the department.
- Develop high-quality organic and hard surface assets while collaborating with other artists to ensure work meets expectations.
- Focus as a material artist, creating realistic organic terrain material libraries for various biomes and authoring vegetation assets and 3D terrain.
- Create, upgrade, and maintain the finished materials, vegetation and terrains throughout the life-span of the project.
- Work closely with engineering and art teams to ensure accurate functionality of beautiful and realistic worlds.
- Work with the development team to prioritize and develop procedural assets to streamline art processes, workflows, and pipelines.
- Collaborate with the team during art review sessions to achieve the highest fidelity organic and hard-surfaced assets.
- Provide input to the improvement and evolution of art production methods, tools, and techniques.
- Build positive working relationships and participate in team meetings.
- Document knowledge and workflows for others to learn from.
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members.
- 4 to 6+ years of industry experience with a focus on Environment Art.
- Proven experience and skill in authoring assets and experience creating materials with procedural methods, from photogrammetry sources and blending existing materials in Substance Sampler and or Quixel Mixer.
- Proven experience and skill utilising Substance Source and Megascans libraries as well as an ability to author realistic materials from scratch to the same high quality.
- Proven experience and skill using Substance Designer to create realistic materials and generators from scratch.
- Proven experience and skill creating material libraries for terrains in video games.
- Experience in Photogrammetry, capturing and authoring original, self-sourced textures and materials are considered a big plus.
- Knowledge of authoring natural terrain environments and vegetation for video games.
- Knowledge of vegetation and tree growth applicable to realistic assets and terrain splat maps and eager to develop in these areas.
- Proven knowledge of art foundations: form, primary secondary and tertiary read order, silhouette, colour and lighting.
- Proven technical experience working with art tools and programs (i.e. Maya, Unreal Engine, 3Ds Max, Speedtree and Photoshop).
- Experience with Project Management (Shotgrid, Jira, Confluence) tools.
- Experience with Source Control (Perforce or Git) software.
Compensation and benefits:
- The discussed salary range is $110,000 - $140,000, depending on experience.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development within the organization.
Meet Your Recruiter
Information Technology (IT)
A seasoned technical recruiter, Bonnie has over three decades of experience both as an IT professional and as a recruiter specialized at finding and hiring top IT talent. She has worked and recruited in cutting-edge fields including robotics, machine learning, automation and artificial intelligence, and her extensive network includes elusive ‘unicorn’ IT professionals with unique, hard-to-find skillsets. Bonnie’s exciting career highlights have included spearheading an AI solution for the sustainable energy industry, working for an AI defense company and collaborating on pioneering project with NASA.
Specializing in IT searches ranging from junior positions to C-suite, Bonnie offers an unparalleled understanding of the intricate skills, experiences and personalities essential for success in the field. She is not just a recruiter, but a technical aficionado deeply immersed in the IT landscape. Her up-to-date knowledge of diverse tech stacks makes her a reliable partner who speaks the language of the industry. She crafts tailored recruitment roadmaps for her clients, enabling them to build high-performing teams ready to tackle the technology-driven challenges of today.
Outside of work, Bonnie is an equestrian, motorsport enthusiast, skier and avid traveler. She loves to host dinner parties and spend time outdoors with family.