Sales Manager (Manufacturing) - 18392
Edmonton, AB T6B 2X6 CA
With over 50 years in business, our client is an established player in the Edmonton community serving the mining, oil & gas, and construction sectors across Western Canada, US, and Mexico. They are poised for continued growth and are excited to add a true leader to their team. Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Sales Manager will be responsible for strategic leadership of the Sales Team in addition to managing key accounts of the business.
Sales Manager responsibilities:
- Work closely with Production Team to understand the manufacturing process to develop sales initiatives that align with business goals
- Develop relationships with existing accounts and build relationships with prospective customers
- Develop and effectively communicate sales plans to Executive Team with focus on growth and optimizing outcomes
- Manage, develop, and lead a small team of Account Managers
- Identify potential new business opportunities through networking and market research
- Work closely with operations, production planning, quality assurance and logistics groups to ensure customer requirements are met
- University Degree – preferably in Sales, Marketing, Operations Management, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 5 years of sales leadership experience – preferably in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Proven experience leading a sales team to success
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing/production processes, business planning, and financial/cost management
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada and US for both planned and unplanned business trips (roughly 25%).
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- The discussed salary range is $140,000 – $160,000, depending on experience
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Pension plan
Meet Your Recruiter
Corey is an exceptional recruitment professional with industry experience that includes agribusiness, retail, transportation and hospitality. He has worked directly with hiring managers and sales professionals and has first-hand knowledge of what makes a successful sales team ‘tick.’ With proven experience attracting top sales talent, he is skilled at headhunting and proactive recruiting strategies. Having started his career in hospitality, he is wired for customer service and deeply committed to ensuring he provides his clients with top-notch service and a highly consultative approach.
Leveraging his large network throughout Western Canada, Corey excels at finding the right people for the job. At every step of his career, candidates have quickly trusted him to represent them well. Drawing on his expertise and natural curiosity, he knows the right questions to ask, and how to ask them.
Born and raised in Manitoba, Corey has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Winnipeg, and relocated to Vancouver in 2018. Outside of work, he can often be found golfing, playing tennis, cooking, and spending time with his wife and daughter. Always up for adventure, he once cycled from Vancouver to Winnipeg in 28 days as a fundraiser for the Mood Disorders Society of Canada!