Sales Manager (Food Service Industry) - 18361
Aurora, ON L4G 0K2 CA
We’re looking for a Sales Manager in the food service industry!
Our client is an international powerhouse in the food service sector of manufacturing and distributing specialty dessert ingredients and semi-finished goods. A true family organization with over 50 years in the business, they are a premiere supplier well recognized in the industry for its exceptional and reliable quality. The Sales Manager will be responsible for increasing brand and product awareness within Eastern Canada and acquiring new client accounts while maintaining existing clientele.
Sales Manager responsibilities:
- Identify client opportunities, pursue leads, utilize personal network and cold calling to acquire new business
- Cultivating meaningful relationships and partnerships with existing accounts to increase revenue and leverage sales effectiveness
- Travel to all clients within the assigned area (Ontario) to increase brand awareness and to promote company offerings
- Work in partnership with Store Managers, Chefs and other employees to maximize store sales by demonstrating extensive product knowledge and answer questions pertaining to products and their uses, prices, and availability
- Create a database of qualified leads through utilizing various strategies such as cold calling, email, and networking
- Remain up to date on company’s product, product success, industry trends and advances
The successful candidate has:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Outside Sales/Account Management
- Minimum 2 years experience working in the food service/supply industry- pastry or frozen dessert industry is preferred
- People management experience considered an asset
- Extensive day travel is required – primarily within the GTA
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong computer skills specifically Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism considered an asset - specifically French or Italian
- Ability to work independently including research, analyze, organize, and manage workload
Compensation and benefits:
- The discussed salary base is $60,000-$70,000 plus generous commissions. First year anticipated commissions are an extra $40,000.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Cell phone
- Company car OR car allowance program
- 2 weeks training in North Carolina
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Corey is an exceptional recruitment professional with industry experience that includes agribusiness, retail, transportation and hospitality. He has worked directly with hiring managers and sales professionals and has first-hand knowledge of what makes a successful sales team ‘tick.’ With proven experience attracting top sales talent, he is skilled at headhunting and proactive recruiting strategies. Having started his career in hospitality, he is wired for customer service and deeply committed to ensuring he provides his clients with top-notch service and a highly consultative approach.
Leveraging his large network throughout Western Canada, Corey excels at finding the right people for the job. At every step of his career, candidates have quickly trusted him to represent them well. Drawing on his expertise and natural curiosity, he knows the right questions to ask, and how to ask them.
Born and raised in Manitoba, Corey has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Winnipeg, and relocated to Vancouver in 2018. Outside of work, he can often be found golfing, playing tennis, cooking, and spending time with his wife and daughter. Always up for adventure, he once cycled from Vancouver to Winnipeg in 28 days as a fundraiser for the Mood Disorders Society of Canada!