Recruitment Specialist - 18514
Edmonton, AB t6g2c8 CA
Come join a team of industry experts and take your recruitment career to the next level with The Headhunters.
- Work closely with hiring managers and other relevant stakeholders to identify current and future staffing needs and develop a comprehensive hiring strategy that incorporates both active and passive recruitment strategies.
- Advertise job applications on employment requirements and terms and conditions of employment.
- Recruit graduates from colleges, universities, and other educational institutions.
- Collaborate with marketing to build and deliver presentations to educational institutions to promote The Headhunters to students and graduates.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with educational institutions and attend networking events and job fairs.
- Coordinate and participate in selection and examination boards to evaluate candidates’ skill set and aptitude.
- Notify candidates should they be selected and reject candidates when their application is not successful.
- Determine candidate eligibility to employer entitlements and arrange and support staff training initiatives.
- Draft and present job offers that include the salary package and terms of employment.
- Work with Psychometric Tools to assist the candidate and employer with onboarding and candidate career development.
- Source and screen candidates using a variety of methods, including job boards, social media, referrals and headhunting.
- Weekly review candidate inventories and conduct strategic headhunting initiatives when required.
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews to assess candidate qualifications and fit for the role.
- Build candidate biographies that include information about education, work experience, skills, accomplishments, and any relevant personal attributes or characteristics.
- Present and discuss qualified candidates with clients.
- Coordinate the interview process.
- Manage the candidate selection process, including profiles, reference checks and job offers.
- Build and maintain a network of clients by conducting ongoing call calling, client meetings, and marketing material.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in recruitment and HR and share insights with the team.
- Superb communication and written skills
- 6+ years of experience in agency recruiting (preferably in a leadership role) within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated success in conducting sales calls and building ongoing relationships with clients and candidates.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Working knowledge of Bullhorn ATS considered an asset.
- Proficiency in working with Psychometric Tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Organized, able to complete repetitious tasks.
- Able to work under pressure with tight timelines.
- Demonstrated Leaderships skills would be considered advantageous.
This role pays $34.96 per hour at 33 hours per week.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Operations & Marketing
After a rewarding 30 years of recruiting in South Africa and Canada, Danielle built The Headhunters from the ground up in 2009. Her business achievements are predicated on people, since she understands profoundly that companies are successful because of the individuals they hire and the leadership they cultivate.
Drawing on her extensive recruitment experience, as well as managing the operations and branding of her own businesses, Danielle specializes in the recruitment of Operations and Marketing professionals. She partners with her clients to resolve critical vacancies, and with her highly consultative approach, helps them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability.
Danielle rose quickly during her early career through the ranks of Fortune 500 and Deloitte Best Managed companies in various management roles. In 2014 Danielle was named one of the Top 100 Women in Business in Alberta. Danielle was a finalist for EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ 2014 Prairies, and in 2013 she was nominated for the RBC Women of Influence Award.
Danielle, the mother of five children, strongly believes in balancing family, work and service to the community. In keeping with that spirit, she and her family run a not-for-profit organization called Saving the Hungry, leading teams to support community projects in developing countries.