Quality and Compliance Director - Food Manufacturing - 18631
Mississauga, ON L5R 3L8 CA
Quality & Compliance Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee Food Safety and Quality Assurance to meet regulations and standards.
- Develop and maintain a robust quality management system.
- Enforce quality control procedures and conduct internal/external audits.
- Act as a liaison with customer, government, and regulatory agencies.
- Keep abreast of regulations and industry standards.
- Collaborate with suppliers and manage supplier quality.
- Mentor and lead Quality teams, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance on the best food safety practices.
- Supervise the Quality program, product testing, and analysis.
- Maintain accurate quality documentation.
- Serve as an SQF Practitioner and oversee quality control processes.
- Collaborate with departments to resolve quality issues.
- Monitor customer feedback and improve satisfaction.
- Manage the quality assurance budget and crisis management.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Master's preferred).
- Minimum 5+ years of Food Safety and quality experience.
- Deep knowledge of GFSI, SQF, AIB Systems, BRC, and FSMA.
- Proficiency in quality program management.
- Familiarity with FDA, CFIA, and Nutrition Label regulations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Certification in quality management is a plus.
- Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese preferred .
- Salary range goes up to $130,000
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- In-office position.
- Opportunity for growth
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Operations, Engineering & Marketing
After a rewarding 30 years of recruiting in South Africa and Canada, Danielle built The Headhunters from the ground up in 2009. Her business achievements are predicated on people, since she understands profoundly that companies are successful because of the individuals they hire and the leadership they cultivate.
Drawing on her extensive recruitment experience, as well as managing the operations and branding of her own businesses, Danielle specializes in the recruitment of operations, engineering and marketing professionals. She partners with her clients to resolve critical vacancies, and with her highly consultative approach, helps them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability.
Danielle rose quickly during her early career through the ranks of Fortune 500 and Deloitte Best Managed companies in various management roles. In 2014 Danielle was named one of the Top 100 Women in Business in Alberta. Danielle was a finalist for EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ 2014 Prairies, and in 2013 she was nominated for the RBC Women of Influence Award.
Danielle, the mother of five children, strongly believes in balancing family, work and service to the community. In keeping with that spirit, she and her family run a not-for-profit organization called Saving the Hungry, leading teams to support community projects in developing countries.