Quality Manager - Aviation Industry - Abbotsford, BC - 18680
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1A2 CA
We’re on the hunt for a Quality Manager to join a reputable client that specializes in the aviation industry locally. Not only are they going through an exciting growth phase, they have partnered with some of the world’s more reputable firms, resulting in a long pipeline of work.
They are a specialist aviation company providing high quality, cost effective maintenance, repair and overhaul services - with particular expertise in Pratt and Whitney Canada small / medium - fixed wing / helicopter engine series.
The Quality Manager will have full accountability to ensure that all MRO maintenance activities are in compliance with the duties and responsibilities set out in the MOE and Quality Manual, and in compliance with TCCA / FAA / EASA approval requirements
- Working with the General Manager, you will ensure that all MRO maintenance activities are in compliance with the duties and responsibilities set out in the MOE and Quality Manual, and in compliance with TCCA / FAA / EASA requirements
- Ensure that the General Manager is kept informed on all quality issues in a timely manner to eradicate any potential risk to the business.
- Oversee the Quality Management System.
- Work with all departments on quality and compliance-related issues.
- Work closely with the Engineering Department on all quality and reliability issues.
- Operate within an effective internal/external non-conformance system for quality and all other approvals to ensure all non-conformances are closed within specific and agreed time frames.
- Perform effective containment, root cause analysis and recommend appropriate corrective action in relation to non-conformance, customer and supplier issues
- Support the Senior Management Team to maintain effective relationships with OEM’s, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Strive for continuous improvement that will underpin and promote the quality culture within the organization.
- Actively promote and assist with the monitoring of and adherence to 6S across the business.
The successful candidate has:
- Minimum of 5 years QA experience, preferably in aviation / aerospace
- ISO Quality System experience.
- Experience of working within a Part 145 environment
- Strong written communication skills: report writing, formal responses to external NCRs etc.
- Excellent communication, management, and technology skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary ($85,000 - $100,000) and benefits plan being offered, including company pension plan
- Opportunity for bonus
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Free parking
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.