Purchasing Manager - 18433
Winnipeg, MB xx CA
We are looking for a Purchasing Manager for our client in the manufacturing sector.
Our client is a rapidly growing company with a strong team focus and opportunities for learning and growth.
Purchasing Manager responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the purchasing team, including sourcing, negotiating and purchasing products and materials, ensuring on time and best quality and price.
- Lead a team of purchasers, and inventory coordinators
- Maintain raw material inventory for production and job specific materials.
- Administer the purchase order system in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Ensure purchasing process is generated for job specific material, sub-contractor, packaging supplies, freight and employee supplies ordered as approved.
- Maintain order status and weekly reconciliations, monitoring expected dates and updating purchased orders as needed and explaining and reporting on variances and discrepancies.
- Work with and manage the purchasing department to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained and stock replaced as needed in timely fashion accounting for lead times.
- Work closely with the Finance Team to ensure there are no cost discrepancies within the purchasing process.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Offer Support to receiving/shipping department to ensure proper recording of receipt of product.
- Maintain an accurate and efficient filing system for purchase orders.
The successful candidate has:
- 5+ years' experience within purchasing and inventory management within a manufacturing, industrial, construction setting, including leadership experience
- Post-secondary education program in Business, Supply Chain, Production, or Manufacturing Management is a strong asset
- Experience with production planning, purchasing and inventory management
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to handle conflict and challenges effectively
- Proven track record of building strong partnerships at all levels, confidence when negotiating and interacting with suppliers
- Sound analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well within a team environment with overlapping responsibilities
- Shows initiative in identifying problems and proposing solutions
- Ability to identify opportunities for business, cost reduction and process improvement
- Our client offers a competitive salary, commensurating with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Dynamic culture with a fast growing team environment
Meet Your Recruiter
CPHR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain
Tracy is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) with over 20 years of experience in recruitment and human resources across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, construction, insurance and career management. She is well-networked in Manitoba, with specialized expertise in placing top Operations, Engineering and Supply Chain talent.
Tracy is recognized as having an innate ability to identify candidate abilities and personality and match them with client needs and culture. Known for her honesty and candor, she has a proven track record of building rewarding, long-term relationships. She believes ‘fit’ is key to a successful career, and that we should all find joy in what we choose to do in our working lives.
An energetic mom of two young adults, Tracy prides herself on being well-rounded, actively involved in community organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Winnipeg, Harvest Manitoba, and Christmas Cheer Board. She loves bike riding, walking and connecting with friends and family.