Property Accountant - 18621
Edmonton, AB T5J 4A1 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
As a Property Accountant, you will be responsible for overseeing the full-cycle accounting process for a portfolio of intermediate-level properties. Providing accurate and timely financial reports, as well as monitoring and controlling cash flows is key to this position.
The ideal candidate will possess a versatile skill set, maintain a high level of professionalism and exhibit a can-do attitude that enables effective collaboration with diverse teams on various projects.
- Produce monthly financial statements
- Review budgets and other tools to analyze variances
- Provide supplementary reporting
- GST filing
- Monitor and reconcile receivables
- Monitor and review accounts payable
- Complete operating budgets and year end reconciliations
- Annual property tax invoicing
- Currently enrolled in the CPA Program, or equivalent post-secondary accounting program
- Minimum 1 year full-cycle accounting experience
- Must provide a clean criminal record check
- Commercial/retail property accounting experience would be considered an asset
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office programs
- Competitive base salary ranging from $50,000-$55,000
- A friendly and supportive work environment with a fantastic team.
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth within the organization.
- Strong and experienced leadership to guide your career development.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kate is passionate about people, which has been a driving force in her career. With six years of experience in people management and eight years coaching and developing teams, she is known for her empathy and ability to connect. From her diverse and well-rounded experience, she brings expertise in recruitment, training, revenue planning, customer relations, sales forecasting, event management, account management and business growth strategy. Clients appreciate her ability to provide consultative advice above-and-beyond simply hiring.
Customer service has always been a top priority for Kate, and as a Recruitment Consultant this is evident in her relationships with clients and candidates. She emphasizes that a job is never “just a job” and understands the integral role that each employee plays in her clients’ organizations, as well as the role that a job plays in an employee’s overall professional trajectory. She coaches candidates to develop a long-term vision for their career.
Kate was born and raised in South Africa, where she completed a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Postgraduate Degree in Education, and started her career. She has since relocated to Vancouver, and has first-hand experience navigating the challenges of immigrating and building a career in a new country. She loves nature and the outdoors and is enthusiastic about health, wellness and fitness.