Project Manager - Infrastructure Projects - Prince George, BC - 7681
Prince George, BC V6C 2R6 CA
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for a unique career opportunity? Do you have a keen ability to deliver large scale projects with a high degree of accuracy? Are you multi-faceted, dynamic, and always up for a fresh challenge?
My client, a renowned Canadian infrastructure delivery solutions provider, is looking for a Project Manager to join their team of professionals in Prince George, B.C. The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering projects whilst maintaining client relationships and pursuing potential business development initiatives. The ideal candidate will be innovative and committed to providing high quality solutions to a variety of clients.
My client is committed to:
- Fostering a passionate and values-driven company culture and motivational work environment
- Providing ongoing training and career development opportunities
What the Project Manager does:
- Facilitates infrastructure projects of varying size and scope for educational, municipal, and additional institutional buildings and facilities essential to the public sector
- Manages client relations by utilizing project knowledge, skills, and expertise to help clients achieve their goals and objectives
- Acts as an advocate for clients by negotiating contracts in their best interest and addressing any technical issues with the project
- Manages communications between internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the efficient resolution of issues and the delivery of projects on time and within budget
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Post-secondary degree and/or diploma in a related field (e.g. engineering, architecture, construction management, or quantity surveying)
- 5+ years of progressive experience working in project coordination and management
- Strong knowledge of different construction methodologies, project management and financial tools and models, along with building codes, contract law, and relevant legislation
- Professional industry credentials such as PMP, E.I.T/P.Eng., CET, Registered Architect or other similar industry recognized designations is considered a strong asset
- The ability to respectfully and effectively collaborate with local and regional teams; previous experience working with Local Governments and First Nations is an asset
- A strong sense of community and involvement in local community boards and associations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In return, what you can expect:
- The ability to work within and contribute to a thriving local economy in a scenic location
- Opportunities for individual and team career development
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Salary and other compensation will be based on the experience of the selected candidate.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.