Project Coordinator / Junior Project Manager - Construction - 18660
Vancouver, BC V5K 1A2 CA
Project Coordinator / Junior Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Preparation of permit packages - coordinating drawings, etc
- Assist with project tender packages
- Bid analysis
- Prepare subcontracts
- Maintain up-to date logs for drawings, vendor/subcontractor lists, RFI'S, change orders, etc
- Develop project schedule
- Provide project status reports
- Maintain daily communication with Site Superintendents and record daily construction activity
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals
- Process and track all project change orders
- Monitor the site progress / Review the quality of the work
- Identify and site safety issues
- Archive project binders, drawings and relevant documents for closed jobs
- 0-3 years’ experience in the local construction field, ideally in a Project Coordinator function
- Education - Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Passion for construction and project management
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
- $60,000-$90,000 annual salary depending on experience, with bonus and comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to participate in Company Stock Options plan
- Opportunity for significant career growth
- As this is an urgent requirement, relocations will not be considered
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.