Program Supervisor - 18497
Abbotsford, BC . CA
Program Supervisor responsibilities:
- Manage the program, ensuring organizational goals, requirements and accreditation standards are being met
- Work with funders and company management to ensure program deliverables are achieved
- Provide direct supervision to program staff, including coaching, performance evaluation and management
- Responsible for recruiting and retaining program staff
- Oversees referral system, screening, admissions, case conferences and case management
- Manage program budgets
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in the community
- Degree in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Nursing, or related field is a requirement
- Eight (8) years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Registration with a regulatory or professional body (eg BCACC, BCCSW, CPBC, BCCNM)
- Three (3) years of previous direct program delivery experience as part of a multi-disciplinary team, preferably in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related provincial and community support
- Knowledge of substance use, mental health, trauma, poverty issues, justice system, community resources and GBA+
- Knowledge of relevant legislation policies and procedures
- Understanding of Indigenous cultural matters and history as it pertains to service delivery, including cultural safety and cultural humility
- Ability to work on-call rotations
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
Meet Your Recruiter
Kate is passionate about people, which has been a driving force in her career. With six years of experience in people management and eight years coaching and developing teams, she is known for her empathy and ability to connect. From her diverse and well-rounded experience, she brings expertise in recruitment, training, revenue planning, customer relations, sales forecasting, event management, account management and business growth strategy. Clients appreciate her ability to provide consultative advice above-and-beyond simply hiring.
Customer service has always been a top priority for Kate, and as a Recruitment Consultant this is evident in her relationships with clients and candidates. She emphasizes that a job is never “just a job” and understands the integral role that each employee plays in her clients’ organizations, as well as the role that a job plays in an employee’s overall professional trajectory. She coaches candidates to develop a long-term vision for their career.
Kate was born and raised in South Africa, where she completed a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Postgraduate Degree in Education, and started her career. She has since relocated to Vancouver, and has first-hand experience navigating the challenges of immigrating and building a career in a new country. She loves nature and the outdoors and is enthusiastic about health, wellness and fitness.