Payroll Specialist II - 18663
Edmonton, AB T5P 4C3 CA
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls for hourly, salary, commission, and incentive-based employees using UKG for multiple companies.
- Responsible for running pay, importing pay data, and balancing.
- Manage and prepare payroll import files.
- Manage and prepare vacation calculations from Workforce Management (Paid Time off).
- Provide training and guidance to the Payroll Team as required.
- Research and resolve payroll inquiries from employees and managers, escalate as required.
- Generate and save payroll reports.
- Gather and calculate information for garnishments, RRSP’s, pension plans, and union remittances.
- Calculate final pay requirements and process terminations as required.
- Calculate final pay for high-level involuntary terminations as required.
- Prepare and process ROE’s as needed.
- Assist with provincial reporting requirements (WCB, EHT, etc.).
- Assist with CRA remittances and reporting.
- Assist with year-end process, including reconciling T4s, issuing T2200s, and balancing CRA remittances.
- Run ADHOC reports for management as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years of experience in payroll processing.
- Relevant education or certification in payroll or a related field.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency in payroll software.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve payroll inquiries effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The discussed salary range is 65,000 to 80,000 depending on the experience.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Executive Search & Operations
Cam is passionate about developing world-class teams. That is what he has done as Managing Director and Co-Founder at The Headhunters, and that is what he helps others to do. Cam's clients—a range of Fortune 500 through to owner-managed companies—know him as a strong leader, someone with an extensive network of top talent who delivers on his promises.
Throughout his far-reaching career, Cam has managed manufacturing teams in North America, retail crews, government teams with an international scope, and professional services organizations in Western Canada. Because he understands that great enterprises are made up of people who strive to reach their own full potential every day, his mission is to inspire people to achieve excellence. As an expression of that commitment, Cam sits on the board for the ThresholdImpact Venture Mentoring Service at the University of Alberta and actively mentors entrepreneurs inspired by those who came before him.
Cam is active in the entrepreneurial community throughout Western Canada and has been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Vancouver. He is passionate about giving back, and in-line with this value he co-founded ClubNeed, an organization focused on creating unique adventure travel experiences while giving back to communities in Central America. He also volunteers with the Northern Alberta YMCA. Cam is the proud father of three, and is an active cyclist, runner and skier. He has completed a number of marathons, Gran Fondos and triathlons, including Ironman Florida.