Payroll Specialist - 18659
Edmonton, AB T5S 0B9 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
Payroll Specialist responsibilities:
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls for hourly, salary, commission and incentive-based employees
- Manage and prepare payroll files & reports, vacation and PTO calculations
- Manage and prepare vacation calculations from Workforce Management (Paid Time off)
- Provide training and guidance to Payroll Team as required
- Gather and calculate information for garnishments, RRSP’s, pension plans, and union remittances
- Assist with provincial reporting requirements (WCB, EHT, etc.)
- Assist with CRA remittances and reporting
- Assist with year-end process, including reconciling T4s, issuing T2200s and balancing CRA remittances
- Previous relevant experience in a Payroll function
- Experience using payroll administration technology
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 85,000 annual salary and comprehensive benefits package
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Executive Search & Operations
Cam is passionate about developing world-class teams. That is what he has done as Managing Director and Co-Founder at The Headhunters, and that is what he helps others to do. Cam's clients—a range of Fortune 500 through to owner-managed companies—know him as a strong leader, someone with an extensive network of top talent who delivers on his promises.
Throughout his far-reaching career, Cam has managed manufacturing teams in North America, retail crews, government teams with an international scope, and professional services organizations in Western Canada. Because he understands that great enterprises are made up of people who strive to reach their own full potential every day, his mission is to inspire people to achieve excellence. As an expression of that commitment, Cam sits on the board for the ThresholdImpact Venture Mentoring Service at the University of Alberta and actively mentors entrepreneurs inspired by those who came before him.
Cam is active in the entrepreneurial community throughout Western Canada and has been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Vancouver. He is passionate about giving back, and in-line with this value he co-founded ClubNeed, an organization focused on creating unique adventure travel experiences while giving back to communities in Central America. He also volunteers with the Northern Alberta YMCA. Cam is the proud father of three, and is an active cyclist, runner and skier. He has completed a number of marathons, Gran Fondos and triathlons, including Ironman Florida.