Payroll Manager - 18342
Montreal, QC J0M 1C0 CA
Are you professional payroll manager looking for your next career opportunity? Do you have strong technical skills within payroll and looking to lead and develop a team?
My client, a regional supra-municipal organization, is looking for a Payroll Manager to join their dynamic team in Kuujjuag, Quebec. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the entire payroll operation and leading the department.
My client is committed to:
- Fostering a passionate and values-driven organizational culture and motivational work environment
- Providing an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the community and its people
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative team
Payroll Manager responsibilities:
- Develop best practices to improve efficiency of payroll processes
- Ensure that payroll is processed timely and accurately with the organization standards, internal controls and collective agreements
- Analyze all payroll problems and provide appropriate resolutions
- Manage all payroll activities in accordance with federal and provincial statutory regulations
- Research and resolve all employee and HR inquiries for payroll
- Collaborate with the payroll team at Ceridian, the payroll software provider
- Run and review payroll reports
- Review and audit payroll operations and implement improvements to processes and procedures
- Participate in various year-end payroll procedures include annual leave trip pay-outs, T4, T4A and other forms
- Work on special projects assigned by the Finance Director
- Participate in year-end audits and other reporting requirements
The successful candidate has:
- Degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- Certification as Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM)
- 5+ years experience in managing a payroll department
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian and Quebec payroll regulations
- Strong focus on customer service with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated leadership skills along with strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and Dayforce from Ceridian
- Knowledge of SAGE ERP ACCPAC software would be an asset
- Written and verbal fluency ideally in English and French
- Must be ability to travel and be comfortable living in a remote community
Compensation and benefits:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the community and its people
- Top tier compensation, health benefits, pension, food allowance & 6 weeks vacation
- Full relocation and 3 annual leave trips
- The opportunity to experience and work in a wonderful northern community and culture
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.