Payroll Accountant - 18341
Montreal, QC J0M 1C0 CA
Are you an experienced payroll accountant looking for your next career opportunity? Do you have strong technical skills within payroll and looking to grow your career?
My client, a regional supra-municipal organization, is looking for a Payroll Accountant to join their dynamic team in Kuujjuag, Quebec. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will perform all payroll related duties for the organization.
My client is committed to:
- Fostering a passionate and values-driven organizational culture and motivational work environment
- Providing an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the community and its people
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative team
Payroll Accountant responsibilities:
- Perform all payroll related duties for the organization
- Stay current with payroll regulations, standards and work processes
- Ensure that departmental timelines and priorities are met
- Ensure that all employee inquiries are answered in a timely manner
- Follow-up on financial information requests
- Perform monthly finance activities including bank reconciliations, journal entries, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Perform monthly account analysis
- Assist in the preparation of year-end income tax forms and assist with financial audits
- Perform other duties and special projects required by the finance leadership
The successful candidate has:
- College diploma in accounting or finance
- 5+ years in similar role within payroll and finance
- Knowledge of payroll software as well as a Canadian Payroll Association Certificate
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian and Quebec payroll regulations
- Strong focus on customer service with both internal and external customers
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite including intermediate level in Excel
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Experience with Dayforce from Ceridian and SAGE ERP ACCPAC software would be an asset
- Written and verbal fluency ideally in English and French
- Must be ability to travel and be comfortable living in a remote community
Compensation and benefits:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the community and its people
- Top tier compensation, health benefits, pension, food allowance & 4 weeks vacation
- Full relocation and 3 annual leave trips
- The opportunity to experience and work in a wonderful northern community and culture
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.