Patternmaker - 18372
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0V9 CA
Our client, a leader in their field, offers a positive work culture, with competitive salary, benefits and bonus program.
The Patternmaker will construct precision master patterns based on proposed fit and product designs, working closely with the Merchandising and Product Developments Teams, including assisting with trim fabric selection, style details and fit – with a focus on cost effectiveness and quality.
- Create patterns, to company and customer standards, for domestic and import production.
- Generate size charts for all pattern development including trim lengths and quantities i.e. zippers, velcro, etc.
- Generate model files to facilitate marking and cutting process.
- Guide sample makers with style and construction issues.
- Address issues identified in the sample sewing comment form.
- As required, troubleshoot design and construction issues then implement or recommend corrective action to resolve.
- Revise patterns as required during the product development process.
- Collaborate with manager to prioritize pattern workload and generate a schedule.
- Measures samples for development purposes.
- Upon request, utilize knowledge and experience to provide advice, input and feedback to improve patterns, manufacturability and costs of products.
- Participate in Fit meetings and reviews.
- Grade patterns company or customer driven specifications for domestic production
- Pattern / Design Certificate or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to work with demanding and tight deadlines.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the sewing equipment and construction in the mass production of garments
- Strong Visualization ability; Creative; good eye for detail.
- Possess technical ability and artistic flair.
- Knowledge of Gerber Pattern Making System and programs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Have good hand-eye coordination and good sense of proportion.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Has the ability to learn and use BlueCherry application
- Good writing and problem solving skills.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- The discussed salary range is $56,000-$70,000 depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Bonus Program
Meet Your Recruiter
CPHR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain
Tracy is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) with over 20 years of experience in recruitment and human resources across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, construction, insurance and career management. She is well-networked in Manitoba, with specialized expertise in placing top Operations, Engineering and Supply Chain talent.
Tracy is recognized as having an innate ability to identify candidate abilities and personality and match them with client needs and culture. Known for her honesty and candor, she has a proven track record of building rewarding, long-term relationships. She believes ‘fit’ is key to a successful career, and that we should all find joy in what we choose to do in our working lives.
An energetic mom of two young adults, Tracy prides herself on being well-rounded, actively involved in community organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Winnipeg, Harvest Manitoba, and Christmas Cheer Board. She loves bike riding, walking and connecting with friends and family.