Outside Sales Representative (Meat/Seafood Foodservice Supply) - 18511
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4J3 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
We’re looking for an Outside Sales Representative in the foodservice supply industry!
Our client is a highly regarded supplier of premium quality seafood and meat products to the Ontario foodservice sector. The Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for increasing brand and product awareness within the GTA and Ontario market, acquiring new client accounts while maintaining existing clientele.
Outside Sales Representative responsibilities:
- Identify client opportunities, pursue leads, utilize personal network and cold calling to acquire new business
- Cultivating meaningful relationships and partnerships with existing accounts to increase revenue and leverage sales effectiveness
- Travel to all clients within the assigned area (Ontario) to increase brand awareness and to promote company offerings
- Work in partnership with restaurant managers, chefs and other employees to maximize sales by demonstrating extensive product knowledge and answer questions pertaining to products and their uses, prices, and availability
- Create a database of qualified leads through utilizing various strategies such as cold calling, email, and networking
- Remain up to date on company’s product, product success, industry trends and advances
The successful candidate has:
- Post secondary education
- Minimum 3 years experience in Outside Sales/Account
- Minimum 2 years experience working in the food service/supply industry- meat and/or seafood preferred
- Hunter mindset. This role primarily involves acquiring new business.
- Extensive day travel is required – primarily within the GTA
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong computer skills specifically Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently including research, analyze, organize, and manage workload
Compensation and benefits:
- The discussed salary base is $70,000-$80,000 plus generous commissions. Total on target earnings can range from $100,000-$175,000 depending on performance.
- Primarily remote based. Required to show face in office once a week.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Cell phone
- Car allowance program
- 6 weeks of in depth onboarding/training
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Corey is an exceptional recruitment professional with industry experience that includes agribusiness, retail, transportation and hospitality. He has worked directly with hiring managers and sales professionals and has first-hand knowledge of what makes a successful sales team ‘tick.’ With proven experience attracting top sales talent, he is skilled at headhunting and proactive recruiting strategies. Having started his career in hospitality, he is wired for customer service and deeply committed to ensuring he provides his clients with top-notch service and a highly consultative approach.
Leveraging his large network throughout Western Canada, Corey excels at finding the right people for the job. At every step of his career, candidates have quickly trusted him to represent them well. Drawing on his expertise and natural curiosity, he knows the right questions to ask, and how to ask them.
Born and raised in Manitoba, Corey has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Winnipeg, and relocated to Vancouver in 2018. Outside of work, he can often be found golfing, playing tennis, cooking, and spending time with his wife and daughter. Always up for adventure, he once cycled from Vancouver to Winnipeg in 28 days as a fundraiser for the Mood Disorders Society of Canada!