Operation Accountant - 18534
Edmonton, AB T6P 1L7 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
Our client has successfully established a cohesive work environment that fosters a genuine sense of teamwork, thereby promoting active participation and contribution from all employees towards the overall prosperity of the company. Be part of a thriving company with a bright future ahead.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing financial decision support, cost analysis/control, and business/process improvement for their plant operations. Your primary focus will be on maintaining accurate cost accounting records, preparing financial reports, and analyzing plant performance. Additionally, you will support accounting functions, assist with general ledger activities, and participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure accurate daily P&L, operations, and production reports for plant operations
- Manage raw material receipts and reconciliation on a daily basis
- Monitor and conduct physical inventory counts
- Review and address open/aging purchase orders
- Coordinate and record inventory cycle counts
- Provide administrative and accounting support for AP, AR, Intercompany, Inventory, and Production functions
- Assist with cost reviews, analysis, and ad-hoc requests
- Prepare month-end revenue and accruals
- Conduct monthly close in the general ledger system
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, and financial commitments to predict future performance
- Support inventory setup and inquiries
- Act as a liaison between finance and plant operations
- Ensure compliance with Bill 198 and assist with external audits
- Maintain updated procedures for backlog, revenue reconciliation, and daily P&L
The successful candidate has:
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of professional accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel and computer literacy
- Team player and self-motivated
- Willingness to travel to plant locations in Alberta as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
What to expect in return:
- The discussed salary range is $$70,000 - $90,000 plus Bonus.
- Great opportunity for growth
- Comprehensive benefits and Pension Plan
- Hybrid/remote working arrangement
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
RPR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Accounting, Finance & Supply Chain
Drawing on an extensive background in accounting, operations and recruitment in both industrial and professional environments, Linh is perceptively in tune with her clients’ needs. She has an intuitive understanding of the personalities best suited for different businesses and adapts her recruiting searches accordingly. Because she has operated her own company before, she is aware of the challenges her clients face, including the technical ones. Earlier in her career, Linh acted in both managerial and operational roles, improving processes, developing procedures, and implementing organizational changes. Her practical experience means she knows first-hand the candidate profile her clients need in order to achieve their objectives.
Linh is enthusiastic about assisting candidates to cultivate and advance their careers. She takes the time to listen to what they want, and then directs them to settings where they will thrive. She truly cares and it shows; candidates recognize that she is passionate about helping them accomplish their goals. Linh enjoys studying aspects of human behavior, an endeavour which enhances her ability to empathize with both clients and candidates.
Linh is married and has three beautiful children. She enjoys fishing and camping with her family.