National Sales Development Manager (Building Materials) - 18614
Burnaby, BC V5J 3J9 CA
Our client is a mid-sized privately owned B.C. based OEM with a long track record of success and strong market share across Canada. They are poised for continued growth and excited to add a Sales Leader to the Senior Management Team. Reporting to the Vice President, the National Sales Development Manager will develop, implement, and execute a sales strategy that delivers increased market share and bottom-line results across Canada and targeted areas in the US. In addition to hands-on sales responsibilities - opening new accounts and managing existing core clients - the NSDM will provide leadership and coaching to a small team of Territory Sales Representatives. Please note this position requires travel across Canada, up to 10 nights per month.
National Sales Development Manager responsibilities:
- Work closely with Senior Leadership to develop a clear understanding of the business goals, product and service offerings, and challenges to create and execute a sales strategy.
- Directly responsible for building client relationships, managing accounts, closing deals, and increasing market share with new and existing customers across all sales channels (Building Supply Retailers, Roofing Distributors, etc.) in Canada and Northwestern US markets.
- Carry out sales strategy by managing, developing, and coaching existing team of Territory Sales Representatives as well as hiring and training new reps as required.
- Works with the Sales Team to enhance the business within the existing customer base and supports team members on calls where there is an opportunity to significantly increase business with their key customers.
- Reviews and supports the negotiation of major contracts.
- Monitors sales activities, analyzes results, identifies gaps, and implements solutions to address issues or concerns.
- Model an internal culture of professionalism, hardwork and entrepreneurial spirit.
The successful candidate has:
- Demonstrated track record of B2B sales success - Minimum 5 years’ experience. Particularly representing an OEM related to Building or Roofing Products with Regional or National territory responsibilities.
- Experience selling to retail, wholesale and contractor channels is considered an asset.
- Post secondary education – preferably in business or related discipline.
- Sales leadership experience and proven ability to build a Sales Team with results-driven performance culture.
- Strong presence, communication/presentations skills, confidence, and exceptional ability to influence and build relationships.
- Strong business acumen, sense of urgency and decision-making skills.
- Technical proficiency and ability to leverage CRM to drive sales.
- An outgoing personality and willingness to get in front of customers in person.
- Strong desire for career success!
Compensation and benefits:
- The discussed salary range is up to $140,000 plus lucrative commission structure.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefit program including health & dental
- RRSP Matching program
- Car and cellphone allowance, and company laptop
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Corey is an exceptional recruitment professional with industry experience that includes agribusiness, retail, transportation and hospitality. He has worked directly with hiring managers and sales professionals and has first-hand knowledge of what makes a successful sales team ‘tick.’ With proven experience attracting top sales talent, he is skilled at headhunting and proactive recruiting strategies. Having started his career in hospitality, he is wired for customer service and deeply committed to ensuring he provides his clients with top-notch service and a highly consultative approach.
Leveraging his large network throughout Western Canada, Corey excels at finding the right people for the job. At every step of his career, candidates have quickly trusted him to represent them well. Drawing on his expertise and natural curiosity, he knows the right questions to ask, and how to ask them.
Born and raised in Manitoba, Corey has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Winnipeg, and relocated to Vancouver in 2018. Outside of work, he can often be found golfing, playing tennis, cooking, and spending time with his wife and daughter. Always up for adventure, he once cycled from Vancouver to Winnipeg in 28 days as a fundraiser for the Mood Disorders Society of Canada!