Mechanical Engineer - 18575
Winnipeg, MB R5G 1L8 CA
Our client, a leader in their industry with a positive team-focused culture, is in major growth mode. They are seeking a MECHANICAL ENGINEER for a newly created position within the organization. This is a wonderful career growth opportunity to join a dynamic team, in a successful and progressive organization.
The Mechanical Engineer will oversee all mechanical related scopes of commercial construction design-build projects, providing in-house design for building systems including HVAC, hydronics, and plumbing systems.
Working out of the Winnipeg and Steinbach locations, the Mechanical Engineer will be an integral part of the organization's growth, with potential to evolve into a leadership role!
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide mechanical building system designs for new projects.
- Review drawings and specifications for all mechanical equipment and systems.
- Plan and develop commissioning plans for new projects.
- Liaise with commissioning plans, staff, subcontractors on the project
- Problem-solve design and commissioning issues.
- Resolve conflicts and disputes with engineers, consultants, and subcontractors.
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial construction and design with experience in design-build projects related to building systems
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- P.Eng. designation, or working towards obtaining
- An understanding of all aspects of mechanical construction including codes and regulations
- Read, understand, and interpret drawings/plans and check work according to specifications.
- Solid understanding of different construction methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment with the project teams and commissioning and warranty staff
- Able to prioritize work and project schedules.
- Demonstrate the ability to tightly manage details
- Ability to coach, mentor and train team members.
- Develop relationships, and communicate effectively and respectfully with engineers, project team members, and sub-trades.
- Proficient in problem solving.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD
- Ability to travel occasionally
Compensation and Benefits:
- The discussed salary range is $100,000-$140,000, depending on qualifications and experience, plus bonus
- Top of the line comprehensive benefits package
- 5% Matching pension plan
- Excellent work life balance
- Positive, collaborative company culture
- Opportunities for career growth, with potential to evolve into a leadership role
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates residing in Manitoba will be contacted
Meet Your Recruiter
CPHR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain
Tracy is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) with over 20 years of experience in recruitment and human resources across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, construction, insurance and career management. She is well-networked in Manitoba, with specialized expertise in placing top Operations, Engineering and Supply Chain talent.
Tracy is recognized as having an innate ability to identify candidate abilities and personality and match them with client needs and culture. Known for her honesty and candor, she has a proven track record of building rewarding, long-term relationships. She believes ‘fit’ is key to a successful career, and that we should all find joy in what we choose to do in our working lives.
An energetic mom of two young adults, Tracy prides herself on being well-rounded, actively involved in community organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Winnipeg, Harvest Manitoba, and Christmas Cheer Board. She loves bike riding, walking and connecting with friends and family.