Mechanical Designer / Engineer - Commercial Projects - 18052
Vancouver, BC V6E 3W1 CA
Are you bored with your current position, and looking for a change in your Mechanical Engineering career? Would you like to move into a dynamic and creative consultancy where you can leverage your skill set and work on exciting commercial projects? If so, then please keep reading!
Our client, a mechanical engineering consultancy, is currently searching for a Mechanical Designer / Engineer to work across Commercial Projects in Vancouver. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working with commercial projects (HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection) throughout BC. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative mechanical engineer to grow in their career and gain experience consulting on a wide range of exciting commercial projects alongside an impressive group of like-minded mentors.
Our client is committed to:
- Fostering a supportive and professional work environment
- Providing in-depth training to all team members
What the Mechanical Designer / Engineer – Commercial Projects does:
- Oversees commercial engineering projects, managing operations and handling contractors, etc.
- Creates mock-ups, designs, and drawings of commercial buildings using AutoCAD
- HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design
- Develops detailed plans for service and mechanical rooms
- Inspects commercial projects on an ongoing basis and creates reports monitoring the progress of projects and ensuring efficiency
- Conducts routine inspections and produces reports regarding the progress of commercial projects, ensuring they are completed on time and in an efficient manner
What the company expects from you:
- A minimum of 3+ years proven mechanical design experience in the commercial retail space
- Experience with field inspections
- Expert knowledge of and ability to use AutoCAD drafting
- Knowledge and experience with Revit is preferred
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (P.Eng considered an asset)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of heating and cooling load calculations, HVAC, and Plumbing designs
- Must be based in the lower mainland – no relocations
What you can expect from the company:
- Competitive salary, benefits, RRSP
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and development
- Top Notch Mentorship
- An energetic, innovative, and collaborative team environment
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Salary and other compensation will be based on the experience of the selected candidate.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.