Marketing Global Business Development and Technology Manager -18619
Toronto, ON M9W 1M7 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
Marketing Global Business Development & Technology Manager
Location: Hybrid Greater Toronto Area, ON, CA
Our client is a leading provider of advanced material technologies and complex manufacturing solutions in the Electrical Infrastructure industry. With a strong reputation as a trusted brand, they offer a wide range of manufacturing solutions, from standard to custom, while fostering an entrepreneurial culture and maintaining strong channel relationships. Their mission is to provide unique engineered-to-order products that add substantial value to their customers.
As the Marketing Global Business Development & Technology Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving regional growth strategies and mandates. Reporting to the VP & General Manager, your responsibilities will encompass Multi-National Strategic Marketing, Communication & Business Intelligence (MCI), Branding, Market and Product Management, Organic Growth, Inorganic Growth, and the Strategic Planning Process. You will lead cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Market leaders, Product leaders, and Technology teams, to understand market dynamics, position offerings effectively, and stimulate profitable business growth. Additionally, you will oversee Portfolio Management, New Product Development, and New Product Commercialization, as well as lead acquisition activities and foster collaboration with other marketing professionals. Ensuring alignment with corporate requirements and timelines will also be part of your responsibilities.
- Develop and execute market, communication, business intelligence, and branding strategies to support current and new markets, products, and systems.
- Provide guidance for regional marketing activities, including market analysis, customer analysis, competitor analysis, promotional items, advertising, and trade shows.
- Lead Market and Product Experts in understanding global and regional market landscapes, identifying leads, addressing customer concerns, and driving new product development.
- Oversee the Portfolio Management Office, New Product Development, and New Product Commercialization to align with strategic plans.
- Develop global and regional strategies and business plans, ensuring timely accomplishment of strategic plan deliverables.
- Lead global acquisition activities, including strategy development, target assessment, due diligence, and integration.
- Prepare communications for various internal and external audiences, including employees, investors, and stakeholders.
- Support marketing programs and collaboration across the organization.
- Perform general administrative functions and ensure proper administration, staffing, and reporting.
- 10 years of experience electric and electronic industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Applied Sciences (preferred) and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Strong leadership skills with experience in Sales or Marketing Leadership in the North American Electrical Utility marketplace.
- Expertise in technical business-to-business marketing.
- Experience in international sales and marketing of technical products in an international setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer-centric approach with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel internationally and maintain a valid passport.
- Fluency in English (German, Spanish, or Mandarin language skills are an asset).
What You Can Expect:
- Hybrid work model.
- Participation in service milestone awards and recognition opportunities.
- Access to mental health support resources, including a mental health and wellness platform and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Rewarding growth opportunities, including global career and travel opportunities, supported by personalized training and development programs.
- Commitment to providing a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace environment.
- Environment, Social, and Governance values, including a paid Volunteer Time Off Program.
- Company events, social gatherings, and team-building activities.
- Salary range: $160,000 - $180,000.
- Up to 28% annual bonus.
- Professional career development.
- Dental, vision, and health insurance.
- Pension Plan, RSP contribution, and Life insurance.
- 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Monthly car allowance.
- Company credit card.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruitment Consultant & Head of Coaching
Marketing, Hospitality & Events
Tania is a seasoned leader with over 16 years of experience in hospitality and event leadership, and an in-depth understanding of union and non-unionized environments. She is a valuable consultant to our clients, drawing on her expertise from a career that has included management, operations, high-volume recruitment, business development, sales, marketing and project management.
Tania has hired, trained and retained highly successful teams in customer service and hospitality. A confident communicator, she develops and retains strong relationships and orchestrates strategic solutions to address her clients’ talent needs. She also acts as The Headhunters' Head of Coaching, developing strategies to help our team achieve goals and overcome obstacles.
Tania is an accredited success and mindset coach and has completed an accelerated MBA with a marketing focus. She is a fundraising event expert for local children’s charities and hospitals, and a proud mom of two sons who are making their mark on the world. In her spare time, she is often found travelling, kayaking, or exploring the outdoors with her puppy.