Manager of Supply Chain - 18629
Mississauga, ON L5R 3L8 CA
Director of Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive supply chain strategy to enhance productivity and reduce expenses.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels to support company operations.
- Identify and address bottlenecks and supply chain issues, including delivery delays.
- Monitor and meet logistics indicators, objectives, and deadlines.
- Analyze supply chain data and performance to achieve organizational goals and KPIs.
- Manage and mitigate risks related to supply volatility.
- Develop and execute inventory replenishment strategies.
- Foster strategic relationships with suppliers, logistics partners, and 3PL providers.
- Lead the development and implementation of a transportation strategy.
- Oversee logistics budget and resource allocation.
- Supervise, mentor, and guide a high-performance team.
- Lead network strategy for Corporate Sustainability initiatives.
- Manage warehousing processes to ensure seamless goods movement.
- Implement logistics strategies for efficiency and cost reduction.
- Monitor and analyze logistics related KPIs.
- Continually review and optimize transportation and freight costs.
- Assist in streamlining and optimizing delivery processes.
- Determine equipment needs and manage equipment procurement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to source raw materials, packaging, and logistics solutions.
- Manage expectations and relationships with suppliers.
- Drive purchase cost savings initiatives and negotiate purchase prices.
- Manage inventory levels and anticipate supply chain issues.
- Maintain quality materials and troubleshoot quality concerns.
- Lead procurement projects from design to purchasing.
- Manage customs documentation for imported materials.
- Mandarin or Cantonese would be considered a definite asset.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of managerial experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in demand forecasting, inventory planning, and order management.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience with Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing.
- Proficiency in ERP systems and applications.
- Strong analytical, planning, and execution skills.
- The discussed salary range is $110, 000 to $120,000 depending on experience.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- This is an in-office position
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Operations, Engineering & Marketing
After a rewarding 30 years of recruiting in South Africa and Canada, Danielle built The Headhunters from the ground up in 2009. Her business achievements are predicated on people, since she understands profoundly that companies are successful because of the individuals they hire and the leadership they cultivate.
Drawing on her extensive recruitment experience, as well as managing the operations and branding of her own businesses, Danielle specializes in the recruitment of operations, engineering and marketing professionals. She partners with her clients to resolve critical vacancies, and with her highly consultative approach, helps them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability.
Danielle rose quickly during her early career through the ranks of Fortune 500 and Deloitte Best Managed companies in various management roles. In 2014 Danielle was named one of the Top 100 Women in Business in Alberta. Danielle was a finalist for EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ 2014 Prairies, and in 2013 she was nominated for the RBC Women of Influence Award.
Danielle, the mother of five children, strongly believes in balancing family, work and service to the community. In keeping with that spirit, she and her family run a not-for-profit organization called Saving the Hungry, leading teams to support community projects in developing countries.