Maintenance Manager - 18393
Winnipeg, MB R3P 0T2 CA
We’re looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager for our Winnipeg client.
Our client is a leader in their industry, providing competitive compensation and fully paid benefits package.
What the Maintenance Manager does:
- Responsible for the direction, planning, implementation, monitoring, cleaning and control of all facility infrastructure, systems, and equipment, including all associated contract services, maintenance, repairs, capital projects, acquisition/disposition.
- Provide direction, plan, manage and implement all operational-related projects to meet capability, output, facility, and systems requirements, increase efficiencies, support safety, validation, and meet goals and objectives that contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Ensure all maintenance and departmental programs, projects and procedures are current, documented, and in adherence to corporate policy, SOP and GMP requirements.
- Manage building and equipment capital project (new equipment, building renovations).
- Manage and administer all maintenance departmental issues, including hiring and staffing, staff mentoring and development, performance evaluations, development of annual departmental budget, participation in capital planning, and administration of day-to-day departmental activities.
- Negotiate service and contractual agreements and monitor performance of contractors and service personnel for repairs and installations as needed.
- Identify, specify and purchase parts and supplies.
- Assist Plant Manager in development of departmental and expenditure budgets on an annual basis.
- Achieves financial objectives by monitoring results, analyzing results and initiating corrective actions.
- Reviews daily, time and attendance records for those departments under your direct supervision, authorizing for pay, hours of work and any other benefits that an employees might be entitled to as per the collective agreement.
- Participate in management strategic planning, assuring all above functions support Operations and Corporate goals and objectives.
- Keep Plant Manager informed on all aspects of areas of responsibility.
- Develop and review personal plan ensuring that it includes goals that support the key initiatives of the organization as well as personal development goals.
- Responsible for the implementation of the CMMS program.
- Diploma in technology or applied science from a recognized technical institute or community college.
- Professional designation is an asset
- 5+ years’ experience in a Maintenance Manager role
- Knowledge in mechanical engineering, project management, facilities management, systems engineering, equipment maintenance, design & drafting, computer applications, and an ability to provide superior leadership skills.
- Management of multiple projects and excellent communication skills to interact with all operational departments.
- A strong "can do" attitude, with the ability to provide creative solutions, with a focus on Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Well versed in safety standards and ability to communicate safety principles.
- Clear understanding of all manufacturing operations, cost implications and efficiency requirements to ensure continuous improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience with CMMS program is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency when necessary.
Compensation and benefits:
- $105,000-$110,000 salary
- Fully paid benefits package
- Monday to Friday Day Shift
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPHR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain
Tracy is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) with over 20 years of experience in recruitment and human resources across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, construction, insurance and career management. She is well-networked in Manitoba, with specialized expertise in placing top Operations, Engineering and Supply Chain talent.
Tracy is recognized as having an innate ability to identify candidate abilities and personality and match them with client needs and culture. Known for her honesty and candor, she has a proven track record of building rewarding, long-term relationships. She believes ‘fit’ is key to a successful career, and that we should all find joy in what we choose to do in our working lives.
An energetic mom of two young adults, Tracy prides herself on being well-rounded, actively involved in community organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Winnipeg, Harvest Manitoba, and Christmas Cheer Board. She loves bike riding, walking and connecting with friends and family.