Junior Mechanical Engineer - Building Services - 18134
Vancouver, BC V6E 3W1 CA
We’re looking for a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join a reputable consultancy in Vancouver, BC. This position is welcoming of recent graduates with co-op experience in building services.
This is a great opportunity for great mentorship and career development with a firm that has a stable environment and low turnover rate. The Junior Mechanical Engineer – Building Services will be responsible for providing CAD and drafting assistance.
Junior Mechanical Engineer responsibilities:
- Assist the team by developing drawings using AutoCad and Revit applications
- Develop CAD drawings for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection Projects
- Conduct cooling/heat load calculations for commercial and residential buildings
- Work with the internal project team to ensure deliverables are on time
The successful candidate has:
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BCIT and relatable CO-OP experience an asset)
- Proficiency using AutoCad for creating construction drawings
- Previous experience using Revit MEP is desirable
- Ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders
- Ability to perform independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about contributing to the company’s success
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent mentorship
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.