HR Business Partner - Manufacturing - 18466
Edmonton, AB T6B 2X6 CA
With over 50 years in business, our client is a well-respected company in the Edmonton community serving the mining, oil & gas, and construction sectors across Western Canada, US, and Mexico. They are poised for continued growth and are excited to add a true leader to their team. Reporting to the VP of HR, the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for providing support for all HR functions in a solution and action-focused function.
Human Resources Business Partner responsibilities:
- Manages multiple HR initiatives including recruitment and staffing, training and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance management, retention, health and safety, project management, payroll/benefits administration, and analytics/process improvement.
- Processes payroll for back up coverage
- Assists with investigations and pension
- Develops and implements HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with overseeing all aspects of health and safety, performance management and investigations
- Works with managers to coach and advise on employee issues.
- Identifies and implements ways to retain employees.
- Ensures compliance with Employment laws.
- A degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related field
- 5-7 years of progressive HR Generalist or HRBP experience is a must
- Experience with HR in the manufacturing industry is an asset
- Experience with processing payroll is an asset
- Proven knowledge and application of employment laws and regulations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build internal relationships with individuals at all levels, as well as external relationships with recruiters, vendors, and local agencies.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of activity and requests from multiple sources in a time-sensitive environment.
- The ability to balance between operational excellence and employee development.
- The discussed salary range is $85,000 - $98,000 depending on experience
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 3 weeks’ vacation
Meet Your Recruiter
RPR, Senior Recruitment Consultant & Head of Training
HR & Senior Office Personnel
Specializing in Human Resources, Executive Assistant, and Senior Office Personnel placements across Canada, Patti has over 15 years of national and global recruitment experience. She brings a wealth of expertise in interviewing, placement and collaboration, giving her clients the benefit of impeccable matches. She was also a business owner and managed a sales team for nine years, so she brings practical insights that drive success for her clients.
Patti’s thoughtful questions probe deep into the needs of each client, allowing her to pinpoint the best talent for the role from her vast network of qualified candidates. She is equally enthusiastic with candidates. Knowing that what she does changes lives, she provides insightful advice. With a heartfelt commitment to helping others, she situates candidates in positions where they will succeed.
Patti has a degree and background in social work, where she honed keen communication and assessment skills. Passionate about cultivating long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates, she is an ongoing resource for those she partners with. She also acts as The Headhunters' Head of Training, lending her recruitment expertise to train and mentor new members of our team.
Patti is a wife and mother, and outside of the office enjoys camping, hiking, cycling and volunteering. She is also a part-time makeup artist and takes pride in helping woman look and feel their best!