Global Deputy Director of Human Resources - 18530
London, ON N6A CA
Our client, a global leader with manufacturing facilities in 5 countries is seeking a human resources executive to develop and lead human resource strategy including planning, design and implementation of policies, performance management, recruiting, onboarding, health and safety and leading a global team.
Our client is committed to:
- The opportunity to lead a large and diverse international human resources team.
- The ability to advance into senior executive within the Canadian based executive group.
- An opportunity to work with a global leader in their industry.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and support a team of 35 HR people working within 5 manufacturing facilities.
- Support the global employee performance appraisal system including preparing the talent and succession plan.
- Create learning and development plans and initiatives for employees.
- Monitor and evaluate training and maintain success including ROI and identify and assess future and current training needs.
- Lead the recruitment process for corporate staff and liaise with hiring managers, candidates and external recruiters.
- Coordinate and help lead global HR projects (HRIS, Leadership Development, HR Standards, Process Improvements, etc.) assigned by the Global HR Director.
- Championing core values of the company and providing effective communication channels to ensure company and employee concerns are heard and acted upon.
- Support and coordinate global Health and Safety continuous improvement.
- Assist in the collection and review of Plant HR objectives, review of audit results and EMS programs and help establish recommendations in accordance to ISO 14001 standards.
- Supervise and lead the corporate HR staff and provide advice and leadership to HR teams across the various facilities of the company.
- Ensure HR strategies and plans and programs are in accordance with international employment laws and regulations.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual HR reports by coordinating and consolidating data from all plants.
- Prepare labor efficiency/productivity analysis and present results to the Global HR Director.
- Provide appropriate analysis and advice to the Global HR Director and Plant HR Managers along with other members of the senior leadership team to facilitate effective strategic and operational HR planning.
- Provide support to members of the Global HR Teams (North America, Europe, Mexico, China) and consult with company lawyers for assistance with immigration matters.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- A minimum of 10 years of HR leadership within the manufacturing industry, preferably overseeing multiple facilities.
- Proven ability and interest in operations management.
- The ability to lead effectively across different cultures, values and financial systems.
- Proven ability to work with staff at all levels including executive and be a strong team player who leads by example.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize the pressure of competing projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Ontario Heath and Safety Act, Employment Laws and HR Legislation.
- Ability to oversee complex and interrelated HR projects with a diverse team.
- Experience with ERP including Plex and/or HRIS with strong technical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Ontario Heath and Safety Act, Employment Law and various HR Legislation.
In return, what you can expect:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- The opportunity to lead within a global company.
- Continued professional growth and advancement with international experience across different cultures.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.