Geotechnical Engineer - 18645
Vancouver, BC BC V6P 6G5 CA
Contact – Dave Banns (email@example.com or 604.351.6753)
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join Menard Canada Inc. in their new downtown Kelowna office, only minutes from the lake. Due to strong relationships and active growth plans, Menard are seeing success across Western Canada, in turn, need to add more members to their collaborative team. Besides offering an opportunity to play an integral role on exciting upcoming projects, those interested in professional & personal growth, would also appreciate the environment that has been created at Menard.
About Menard Canada Inc.
Menard (https://menardcanada.ca/) is a renowned specialist in ground improvement solutions. As part of the Menard Group, Menard Canada brings international expertise to Canadian soil engineering projects. They are dedicated to upholding a robust culture of Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) standards while ensuring client satisfaction.
This role holds a pivotal position in delivering technical expertise and guidance for geotechnical projects, ensuring alignment with project objectives, fostering collaborative efforts, and maintaining high standards of performance and quality in ground improvement solutions.
Geotechnical Engineer responsibilities:
- Develop professional geotechnical documentation for contracts and maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Conduct geotechnical testing, in-situ data processing, analysis, and tender documentation review.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and company policies, including wearing personal protective equipment, conducting risk assessments, and advocating for HSE.
- Prepare and defend design alternatives, participate in field construction activities, and contribute to construction process understanding.
- Assist in marketing design work and undertake any other tasks as required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in geotechnical engineering.
- Degree in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering, PEng an asset.
- Proficiency in foundation design, soil descriptions, consolidation, soil parameters, and typical geotechnical testing methods.
- Knowledge of ground improvement, piling, slope stability, liquefaction mitigation, and familiarity with BC's safety regulations and construction practices.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Google Sketch, and geotechnical software tools.
- The discussed salary range is $90,000-$140,000 depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunity to participate in company stock option plan
- Additional perks and benefits.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.