General Supervisor, Production - 18409
Blumenort, MB R0A 0C0 CA
We’re looking for a General Supervisor, Production for our client in the food processing sector.
Located 40 minutes outside of Winnipeg, our client is an award-winning long-standing company with an excellent reputation in the industry.
The hours of work for this role are 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM Monday to Friday.
General Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Senior Production Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and assistance in the training and development of 6 afternoon shift supervisors.
- Ensure the continued success of the HACCP program.
- Maintain production schedules as assigned by the Senior Production Manager.
- Communicate Quality Control & HACCP information to all staff and ensure it’s being followed.
- Maintain a consistent high standard of housekeeping to reduce waste of product.
- Provide work orders to Maintenance when work is required; follow up on preventative maintenance.
- Monitor KPIs and report any variances between expectations and actual performance.
- Build & maintain a good working relationship with CFIA to ensure all work is performed in compliance with Federal specifications.
- Provide and direct the duties of the department supervisors to achieve maximum results and meet or exceed department objectives.
- Ensure consistent production practices to improve yields and quality to reduce loss of products.
- Oversee the completion of all HACCP documentation in a timely manner.
- Follow and enforce health and safety rules and regulations.
- Create an environment where best practices are freely shared among teams and continuous improvement is top of mind.
- Lead and motive others through actions & words.
- Enhance leadership skills by setting priorities, planning & delegating & building effective teams.
- Manage conflict within departments.
- Complete reviews of all staff within your department and provide guidance and feedback.
- Work closely with HR to adhere to the collective agreement.
- 3-5 years previous Production Supervisor experience in a manufacturing setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are required.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills
- First aid, Forklift Operation, HACCP training an asset
- Training in Continuous Improvement is an asset
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Agriculture is an asset
- The discussed salary range is $67,000-$80,000, depending on experience
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered
- Comprehensive benefits package
- A positive, family-oriented environment with room for career growth and continuous learning
Meet Your Recruiter
CPHR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain
Tracy is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) with over 20 years of experience in recruitment and human resources across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, construction, insurance and career management. She is well-networked in Manitoba, with specialized expertise in placing top Operations, Engineering and Supply Chain talent.
Tracy is recognized as having an innate ability to identify candidate abilities and personality and match them with client needs and culture. Known for her honesty and candor, she has a proven track record of building rewarding, long-term relationships. She believes ‘fit’ is key to a successful career, and that we should all find joy in what we choose to do in our working lives.
An energetic mom of two young adults, Tracy prides herself on being well-rounded, actively involved in community organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Winnipeg, Harvest Manitoba, and Christmas Cheer Board. She loves bike riding, walking and connecting with friends and family.