General Manager - Aviation Industry - Abbotsford, BC - 18679
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1A2 CA
They are a specialist aviation company providing high quality, cost effective maintenance, repair and overhaul services - with particular expertise in Pratt and Whitney Canada small / medium - fixed wing / helicopter engine series.
The General Manager will be running the show….responsible for establishing / improving long term production / manufacturing processes, financial strategy, team growth, and overall leadership. You don’t need expertise in aerospace per se, however we feel that experience in an industry where you are repairing, maintaining and servicing mid to large sized industrial equipment, will be an asset in your success.
- Provide clear leadership to the business with regards to delivering strategy and achieving growth targets
- Full P&L responsibility
- Deliver consistent commercial performance and operational results
- Champion H&S, Quality initiatives within the company bringing innovation for continuous improvement of KPI’s
- Drive a lean, metrics-based culture focused on utilization and quality
- Lead recruitment, training, and retaining employees
- 5+ years’ experience in a General Management function locally
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, providing servicing, maintenance, repairs, etc
- Track record of building and growing teams
- Excellent communication, management, and technology skills
- Competitive salary ($100,000 - $120,000) and benefits plan being offered, including company pension plan
- Opportunity for bonus
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Free parking
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.